- California Lawmaker Drops Bill Targeting Gay Conversion Therapy Despite Likely Approval -- "Greg Burt with the California Family Council (CFC) released a statement thanking Low for pulling the bill, calling his decision 'an incredible answer to the prayers of thousands across the country.'" (Background, see HERE)
- 'Gray Divorce': Over 50, And Splitting Up -- "...slightly over half of all of those over age 50 who got divorced in 2009 were in remarriages, compared to about 30 percent of those who remained married."
- Imagination and Conservatism -- "Though he despised all things romantic, Irving Babbitt—arguably America’s first true conservative—frequently wrote about the necessity of the faculty of imagination."
- Patrick Henry's Defense of 3 Baptist Ministers in Virginia -- "Patrick Henry offered his services for free to 3 Baptist Ministers (Lewis & Joseph Craig and Aaron Bledsoe) in 1775, who had been arrested for preaching the gospel without a license and disturbing the peace in Virginia."
- The Gospel According to Ecclesiastes -- "The wise person knows the simple things of life matter, not just what we deem are the big moments."
- The World Economy Runs on GPS. It Needs a Backup Plan -- "The small satellite network, which keeps global computer systems from freaking out, is shockingly vulnerable to all kinds of interference."
- What is wrong with the therapeutic approach to counseling? -- "But the therapeutic approaches to counseling—in principle, in professional self-image, in propaganda, in core theoretical commitments, in diagnostic categories—treat these moral aspects of our humanity as if they are essentially the same kind of thing as a physical sickness."
- 20 Pieces of Advice for Establishing a Church Bookstall -- "The goal is to highlight the particular books you really want your congregation to read."
- 22 Mistakes Pastors Make in Practicing Church Discipline -- "They misjudge how quickly to move toward formal discipline, either by dragging their feet or by rushing into judgment."
Monday, September 03, 2018
California Lawmaker Drops Bill, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.