- Abortion -- "The Devil is the author of abortion. He has been a murderer from the beginning. When Moses was born, Satan through Pharaoh began baby killing (Exodus 1:8-22). When Jesus was born, through King Herod, Satan started up the baby killing machine again (Matt. 2:11-18)."
- Abortion Activists Caught Getting Paid to Disrupt Kavanaugh Supreme Court Hearings -- "The disrespect and disruption of this confirmation process is unprecedented, uncivil, and mean-spirited."
- Amish Couple Sues 2 Agencies Over Photos Their Faith Forbids -- "An Amish couple with 13 children is suing the federal government, accusing officials of violating their constitutional rights by insisting that they provide photos of themselves before approving the Canadian wife's U.S. residency request."
- Are we seeing the end of institutional Christianity in America? -- "Overall the number of self-proclaimed Christians is shrinking in America. Surveys reveal an important truth: Fewer people claim a Christian affiliation than ever before, and those who claim no religious affiliation are the fastest growing group in America..."
- Being Christian in Western Europe -- "The majority of Europe’s Christians are non-practicing, but they differ from religiously unaffiliated people in their views on God, attitudes toward Muslims and immigrants, and opinions about religion’s role in society."
- Biblical Righteousness Is a Four-Paned Window -- "Righteousness is a relational, covenantal term. It means to do right by the other party in the covenant."
- Billy Graham's last will and testament revealed -- "Graham left some parting words and assets to his family -- and some financial backing for his ministry, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA)."
- Conservative Christians issue Statement on Social Justice and The Gospel -- "It is an issue that should unite all who are concerned about the authority, inerrancy and sufficiency of God’s Word as well as the integrity of our gospel witness."
- Love for Christ & Scripture-Regulated Worship 8: Love for Christ through Scripture-Regulated Worship -- "The Christian impulse to submit to Christ grounds our willing submission to the New Testament in all matters, including worship."
- More than half UK population has no religion, finds survey -- "For the first time, more than half the population say they have no religion, and the generation gap on religious affiliation is widening, according to the British Social Attitudes survey. Only 3% of adults under 24 describe themselves as Anglican – fewer than the 5% who identify as Catholic."
- Schlicht Billy: WW1 Code Talker and Baptist Deacon -- "“Oh Merciful Father!” was the way Schlicht Billy started his prayer as an elderly deacon at Zion Missionary Baptist Church in McAlester, OK. As his life story comes to light, it’s no wonder he addressed his Heavenly Father as merciful."
- Tarleton Perry Crawford -- "The source of material for this paper comes from the correspondence of Crawford with the Foreign Mission Board."
- The Frightful Results of Fornication -- "There is an undressing taking place in our society."
- The Religious Typology, A new way to categorize Americans by religion -- "...a new Pew Research Center analysis looks at beliefs and behaviors that cut across many denominations – important traits that unite people of different faiths, or that divide people who have the same religious affiliation..."
- The Statement on Social Justice and the Gospel -- "On June 19 of this year I had the privilege of meeting in the iconic Herb’s House coffee shop in Dallas with 13 other men to discuss our common concerns about some teachings and practices being advocated in the name of “social justice”."
- Watchdog says Trump’s evangelical advisory team is against the law -- "Americans United for Separation of Church and State...says the president’s hand-picked group of spiritual advisers violates a federal law that bars groups making public policy recommendations to the president from doing their work behind closed doors."
- What’s wrong with the recent evangelical “social justice” movements? -- "The term “social justice” has become quite a buzz word in evangelical circles in recent years. Social matters like immigration, racial reconciliation, and sexuality are taking center stage in conferences and online discussions, with loud voices expressing strong options."
- Why I cannot and will not sign the "Social Justice and the Gospel Statement" -- "Purporting to address an alleged shift in evangelical circles away from the biblical gospel towards a false social gospel, the new Statement on Social Justice and the Gospel is driven by people I would like to believe are well-meaning but frankly not at all “getting” what those whom it primarily addresses are saying."
- Wilson Thompson on Conviction -- "Men may experience very severe and bitter sensations under the sentence of the law, and mourn with aching and heavy hearts, under the ministration of condemnation and death, and all be like the mourning of the murderer that is condemned to be hanged for his crime..."
Saturday, September 08, 2018
Abortion, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.