Translate

Saturday, September 15, 2018

14 points of soteriology

Soteriological Subjects, point by point: Working approaches and working acrostics

5 biblical soteriological non-acrostic “Five Points”
  • For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
  • I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy.
  • Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree.
  • All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
  • Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him.
The Seven Points of Vaughanism: Salvation shifted from man to God
  1. Transmitted depravity and hereditary death: Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
  2. Human inability: John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
  3. Election, God given and Christ received: John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
  4. Sufficient and efficient atonement: 1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
  5. Faith, by grace a gift: Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
  6. Inner witness: Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
  7. Divine preservation: John 10:28 and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand
14 points of biblical salvation: rebellion, rescue, and redemption

First Seven Points of Vaughanism: man, imputed sinner; depraved, helpless, and hopeless
  1. Universal depravity: all have sinned
  2. Transmitted mortality: death passed upon all men
  3. Depraved enmity: the carnal mind is enmity against God:
  4. Persistent disunity: who were dead in trespasses and sins; but your iniquities have separated between you and your God
  5. Inherent inability: No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him
  6. Moral responsibility: except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish
  7. Eternal equity: whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Second Seven Points of Vaughanism: man, rescued and secured
  1. Eternal preparation (Revelation 13:8; Acts 2:23)
  2. Complete satisfaction (John 1:29; Romans 3:26)
  3. Distinct application (John 1:12; Galatians 3:22)
  4. Effective persuasion (John 6:29; John 6:37)
  5. Responsible cooperation (1 Corinthians 1:21; 2 Timothy 3:15)
  6. Spiritual procreation (John 1:13; John 3:7)
  7. Utmost preservation (Hebrews 7:25; 1 Peter 1:5)
A “non-standard” soteriological view is often caricatured as Calvinism by non-Calvinists, and as Arminianism by Calvinists. So be it. Nevertheless, I am satisfied with that ambiguity and think it may even be an indicator of being on the right track! I hold the following soteriological truths to be biblically-evident. God undertook from eternity to deliver man from sin. In time Jesus died as a sacrifice to save all who believe. The Spirit draws men to Christ. Under and only under that conviction they can become both willing and able to believe in Christ. All those who believe are born again, are justified through faith, and are kept by the power of God unto salvation.

No comments: