- Acts II. 37, 38 -- "The propriety or impropriety of our querist holding the Campbellite doctrine and retaining a membership in a Regular Baptist church, we leave with that church to consider and decide; but it is a little remarkable for one claiming such membership to publish to the world that he is not what he professes to be..."
- Caffeine Content: How Much Caffeine in Coffee? -- "Thousands of people are searching online for information about “coffee caffeine content”, but with all the variables, it’s tricky to arrive at a specific number."
- Foolish and Unlearned Questions: A Plea for Gospel Focus -- "The reality is that we are in the midst of a world that desperately needs the gospel, but too many of us are splitting hairs about the finer points of semantics."
- Georgia Baptist university cuts ties with Nike over Kaepernick ad -- "Emir Caner, president of Truett McConnell University, announced Sept. 7 that the Georgia Baptist Convention-owned school will no longer purchase or carry apparel by an athletic company that uses someone who “mocks our troops” to market their products."
- How to Encourage Your People Just Like the Apostle Paul -- "This might sound gimmicky, I know. But stay with me."
- Labrador dog named Lucy saves Oregon man from sex conviction -- "The discovery of a black Labrador named Lucy led to the unraveling of a criminal case Monday against an Oregon man who had begun serving a 50-year prison sentence."
- Leaked Video: Google Leadership's Dismayed Reaction to Trump Election -- "A video recorded by Google shortly after the 2016 presidential election reveals an atmosphere of panic and dismay amongst the tech giant’s leadership, coupled with a determination to thwart both the Trump agenda and the broader populist movement emerging around the globe."
- Lolling Around Luling -- "Town with a tough reputation still basks in benevolence of its oil history."
- Trying To Be Cool -- "For generations, escaping the brutal Texas heat was hardly a breeze."
- I Peter III. 21 -- "Baptism, according to this text, has a figurative import, and as a figure of our salvation, Peter classifies it with the figure of the temporal salvation of Noah and his family in the ark; the former figure is like the latter figure."
Monday, September 24, 2018
Acts 2:37-38, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.