- A Non-Nativist Case for Strict Enforcement of Immigration Law -- "To determine whether our immigration laws are good or bad, effective or ineffective, we merely must examine how well they are accomplishing just outcomes for the people affected by them."
- Further Thoughts on Building Community -- "In order for a church to function as a community, its members must develop relationships that touch all of life. The development of these relationships requires Christians to share interests outside of the purely devotional and ecclesiastical."
- IRS Document Reveal John McCain’s Subcommittee Staff Director Urged IRS to Engage in “Financially Ruinous” Targeting -- "...Sen. John McCain’s former staff director and chief counsel on the Senate Homeland Security Permanent Subcommittee, Henry Kerner, urged top IRS officials, including then-director of exempt organizations Lois Lerner, to “audit so many that it becomes financially ruinous.”"
- Jeff Sessions' fellow Methodists file church charges claiming 'child abuse, immorality' against immigrants -- "The letter said the charges against him are based on violations of Paragraph 2702.3 of the denomination's Book of Discipline. Twelve Alabama clergy and church members signed the letter..."
- Justice Anthony Kennedy's replacement will come from Trump's list of 25 potential names -- "President Donald Trump on Wednesday said his nomination to replace the retiring Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy would come from a list of 25 people that was originally released during his campaign."
- Justice Kennedy announces retirement -- "Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy is retiring from the bench on July 31, he announced Wednesday. The news means President Donald Trump will get to nominate another justice..."
- RELIGIOUS FREEDOM WIN: SCOTUS Invalidates Ruling Against Christian Florist -- "The petition for a writ of certiorari is granted. The judgment is vacated, and the case is remanded to the Supreme Court of Washington for further consideration in light of Masterpiece Cakeshop, Ltd. v. Colorado Civil Rights Comm'n."
- Supreme Court Strikes Down California Law Forcing Pregnancy Centers to Promote Abortion -- "The four abortion advocates, Justices Breyer, Ginsburg, Sotomayor and Kagan ruled that pregnancy centers can be forced to promote abortions."
- Recent Supreme Court Decision Narrows Definition of Whistleblower -- "...the U.S. Supreme Court significantly narrowed the definition of a “whistleblower” under Dodd-Frank. In Digital Realty Trust v. Somers..."
- Supreme Court Decisions 1 June 2018 and after -- "A list of about 2 dozen decisions, including Abbott, Gov. Of Tx, et al. v. Perez, Shannon, et al."
- Supreme Court rules against mandatory union fees -- "The U.S. Supreme Court has dealt a blow to public sector unions, holding that government workers who are represented by a union, but choose not to join, do not have to pay to cover the costs of collective bargaining."
- Trump, President of the United States, et al. v. Hawaii, et al. -- "Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban"
- The Two Kingdoms and Immigration Policy -- "...when it comes to debates about what policies are best for our government, we need to acknowledge that these are matters of conscience and not as biblically simple as some insist."
- To Duck or Not To Duck -- "...Mr. Graham...does not seem to be able to distinguish between the role of the individual believer and the role of the gathered church."
- Two B.C. polygamists given conditional sentences, served as house arrest -- "‘He’s made it clear that no sentence will deter him from practising his faith,’ she said of Blackmore, 61, who also has 149 children."
Thursday, June 28, 2018
Supreme Court, and such links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.