Translate

Sunday, June 03, 2018

Weary of wandering from my God

1. Weary of wandering from my God,
And now made willing to return,
I hear and bow me to the rod,
For thee, not without hope, I mourn:
I have an Advocate above,
A Friend before the throne of love.

2. O Jesus, full of truth and grace,
More full of grace than I of sin;
Yet once again I seek thy face:
Open thine arms and take me in;
And freely my backslidings heal,
And love the faithless sinner still.

3. Thou know'st the way to bring me back,
My fallen spirit to restore;
O for thy truth and mercy's sake,
Forgive, and bid me sin no more:
The ruins of my soul repair,
And make my heart a house of prayer.

Author: Charles Wesley (1749)
Rendition: Jered Katie McKenna (only version I found online)

What do you think of this song? I heard it on KHCB radio recently.
Jennifer Shaw - God Loved the World

No comments: