- Banning the Bible in the NHS -- "In the UK today it only takes one atheist to complain using the buzz words of equality and diversity and the whole establishment falls over themselves to oblige the poor wee hurt soul who might just possibly be offended."
- Comments on Discipline in Early English Baptist Churches -- "...if any members of the congregation shall absent themselves from the assembly of the same congregation upon the first day of the week, without manifesting a sufficient cause, they shall be looked upon as offenders and be proceeded against accordingly."
- Fredonia Baptist Church Archives, Chautauqua County, New York -- "The Fredonia Baptist Church, or at times called the Fredonia Baptist Society or the Baptist Society of Pomfret, was formed in 1808."
- Geschichte Der Entstehung Und Ausbildung Der Christlich-Kirchlichen Gesellschafts-Verfassung -- "A sometimes cited German work referencing early church government"
- "He" vs. "they": the 3rd Person Singular English Pronoun, Feminism, Patriarchy, and Biblical Christianity in Grammar -- "God, the Author of language and of the Bible, uses 'he' as the generic third person singular pronoun in His infallible Word."
- Inside the White House Bible Study group -- "Drollinger never tells his members how to vote, or which policies to pursue. But he hopes it becomes obvious by teaching them the Bible."
- It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World -- "There are a number of stories that have come up which show just how far down the rabbit hole to cultural madness we have gone."
- James R. Graves: “Mr. Baptist of The 19th Century” -- "Eschatology was another powerful emphasis of this great Bible preacher and expositor. He considered his ‘magnum opus’ to be his classic and still in print volume The Work of Christ in the Covenant of Redemption; Developed in Seven Dispensations, published in 1883."
- Memoir of the Late Rev. William Ward, Missionary to India / Burma, from The Baptist Magazine, 1823 -- "...on October 6, 1805, he and Mr. Marshman were called to be joint pastors with Mr. Carey."
- On the plurality of elders, does the popular practice of designating the presiding elder as the pastor have scriptural support? -- "The whole chapter indicates that a group decision was made, with input from Peter, Paul, Barnabas, and James. The whole group decided, not James."
- The A to Z of the Baptists -- (Google Preview)
- The SBC’s Resolution on Abuse -- "Andrew Walker, Katie McCoy, and I co-authored a resolution “On Abuse” that was approved overwhelmingly by the Southern Baptist Convention yesterday. Much of the language that we submitted was based on CBMW’s statement on abuse, which was published last March."
- The Work of Christ in the Covenant of Redemption: Developed in Seven Dispensations (1883), by J. R. Graves -- "When there were but God and space, there was only eternity-unnoted and measureless duration, inhabited by only the High and lofty One. All purposes and plans conceived or originated before time, and are of endless duration, can properly be denominated ‘eternal’. The point at which the Godhead put forth his creative fiat is called in our Scriptures ‘the beginning’."
- Why Baptist Elders Is Not an Oxymoron -- "Antebellum Baptists frequently called ordained ministers elders."
- 5 Ways to Learn From Others Every Day of Your Life -- "The radio host replied to his friend: “Why don’t you just ask him what he believes?”"
Friday, June 15, 2018
Banning the Bible, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.