- 8 Habits of the Excellent Bible Teacher -- "Excellent Bible teachers cultivate a love for the people whom they teach. They spend time with people and enjoy people."
- Affording Congress an Opportunity to Address Family Separation -- "The Secretary shall not, however, detain an alien family together when there is a concern that detention of an alien child with the child’s alien parent would pose a risk to the child’s welfare."
- An Historical Study of Baptist Elders, I Peter 5:1-4 -- "I think the expansion west in the early 1800’s caused a decline of understanding of church government." (Some historical errors -- at least unproven assertions -- in this, in my opinion.)
- Are Male Gynecologists Biblical? -- "By the early 1800's, with the advent of modern medical degrees and physical examinations, the pelvic exam began to be performed by male physicians, as women were not allowed to enroll in medical school."
- Christian Leaders To Jeff Sessions: The Bible Does Not Justify Separating Families -- "It’s terrible to see families ripped apart, and I don’t support that one bit."
- Daniel 3:25—“the Son of God,” or “a son of the gods”? -- "For all of these reasons, Daniel 3:25 is properly referred to “the Son of God,” not “a/the son of the gods”."
- Defending a Young Earth: A Response to Tyler Vela (Part 1) -- "To say there are more than two options may be true theologically speaking, but the earth DOES have an age. And to my knowledge, the only options on the table are the evolutionary age at around 4.5 Billion years and the young age creationist view of around 6,000 years."
- Defending a Young Earth: A Response to Tyler Vela (Part 2) -- "Moses bases the Sabbath as the 7th day on the 7 literal day structure of Genesis 1."
- Franklin Graham criticizes Trump policy of separating families at border -- "I blame politicians for the last 20, 30 years that have allowed this to escalate to the point where it is today."
- How the State Serves Both Salvation and Religious Freedom -- "A culture and its political institutions might turn against Christianity, but Christians should strive to make an impact as long as they have opportunity."
- Romans 13, Jeff Sessions, and Separating Families at the Border -- "Sessions himself observes that illegal entry is a misdemeanor, and the law itself provides for either a fine or jail time up to 6 months."
- The Name, Nature, and Functions of Ruling Elders; by Thomas Smyth -- "If these are the work and duty of the bishop or presbyter, and are admitted by all parties not to be the functions of the ruling elder, then the presumption is very strong against the modern assumption that the terms presbyter and bishop are applied in Scripture both to the teachers of the church and to a class of officers who did not teach." (A Presbyterian explication of ruling elders)
- Thirteen bald eagles were found dead in a field -- "The 13 bald eagles were found lifeless on a Maryland farm more than two years ago, many with wings splayed, bodies intact, and talons clenched. Several were too young to have their species’ distinctive white heads."
- Why President Trump will be the greatest civil rights president in a generation: Darrell Scott (Opinion) -- "The president was the biggest advocate for prison reform at the meeting, and his actions these last few weeks prove exactly why he has the guts to bring desperately needed change in our criminal justice system."
- Your Bad Ecclesiology Is Hurting Us -- "Aim at nothing and you’ll hit it every time."
Friday, June 22, 2018
8 Habits, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.