- 4 Reasons You Should Preach through Exodus -- "Exodus proclaims God’s great act of delivering his people from bondage, gifting them his law, and inviting them into intimate fellowship with himself. Rescue, commission, communion. Egypt, Sinai, tabernacle."
- 7 Ways Parents Undermine Their Own Influence -- "The seeds of insecurity sown in a young person’s heart when she feels her parents don’t love each other run deep."
- 9 Marks of an Unhealthy Church -- "I’m concerned when a congregation gets tired of hearing about the Trinity, the atonement, the new birth or the resurrection and wants to hear another long series on handling stress or the 70 weeks in Daniel."
- Baptist Churches in the North of France -- "DEAR SIR, The following account of seven Baptist Churches in the North of France, written by one of their pastors in answer to a letter from me, will, I doubt not, interest all your readers."
- Elder Rule and Southern Baptist Church Polity -- "The revival of interest in Baptist church polity has been fueled by the concern of many in conforming, and/or returning, to a more biblical form of church governance."
- Historiography and Early Church History -- "“Church” history, then, in its traditional (though not Scriptural usage) is the study of the history of Christianity or the Christian religion."
- History of the Welsh Baptists, from the Year Sixty-three to the Year One Thousand Seven Hundred and Seventy -- "It was also resolved, that a special prayer-meeting should be held in every church belonging to the connection, throughout Wales, on the same day, to pray for their reconciliation."
- Ireland Makes History: Legalizes Murder of the Unborn -- "Abortion has been illegal in Ireland since 1861."
- Letters to a Reformer, Alias Campbellite -- "Discussion of religious subjects, if conducted in a spirit of candor, is productive of good. So long as truth and error are in the world, controversy must exist."
- Polity: Biblical Arguments on How to Conduct Church Life -- "But generations before us...believed that God had revealed in Scripture all that we need for every aspect of our Christian lives, not least of which is the life we are called to live together in our churches."
- Oct. 30 – This Day in Baptist History Past -- "Barrow’s exceptional deportment rendered him popular with all classes of men except the baser sort of “church men” who opposed the gospel of God’s grace (Anglican). "
- “Playing the Pharisee Card” -- "The Pharisee Card is a powerful weapon. Most of its punch comes from the fact that, during His earthly ministry, Jesus did often condemn the Pharisees."
- The Marriage of Believers with Unbelievers -- "The marriage of believers with unbelievers is a subject which does not appear to have received that attention which its importance and interest deserve and demand."
- The Nature of the New Testament Church on Earth -- "The unity Christ has commanded is not only spiritual unity but practical unity for there exists no real unity, abstract or visible, apart from an actual spiritual and practical unity around the doctrines of the Scriptures."
- The Old-Fashioned Bible, or Ten Reasons Against the Proposed Baptist Version (John Dowling, 1850) -- "I am about to address you this evening, beloved brethren, upon a new and unusual topic; upon one too, concerning which, I am pained to say, that I am compelled to differ with some of my brethren in this city with whom I have long been intimate, and whom I have ever been accustomed to venerate, esteem, and love."
- To All Baptists Who Believe the Bible to be God’s Word -- "...a divinely-commissioned evangelist will be led into divinely-appointed spheres of service by the Spirit of God; and that a Spirit-filled ministry requires no other credential."
- What Jesus Said About White Privilege -- ".My White neighbour is richer than I am..I may not have my neighbour’s material blessings, but in Christ, I have every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places. Actually, I am much more privileged than my White neighbour."
- Why New Testament Polity Is Prescriptive -- "Today many evangelicals assume that the Bible does not prescribe a normative pattern of church polity."
Monday, June 11, 2018
4 Reasons You Should Preach, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.