- American Vernacular Music Manuscripts, ca. 1730-1910 -- "Handwritten music manuscripts by common Americans contain primary and direct evidence of their musical preferences during a particular time and in a particular place."
- An Evening with Frisk Frugt + London Sacred Harp -- "London Sacred Harp continues an old a cappella community singing tradition from the American South."
- Archaic sounds of shape-note singing resound in Raleigh -- "Nearly 50 years ago, John Feddersen heard what he described as “stark, just visceral singing” as he crossed the National Mall in Washington, D.C., that compelled him to go see where it came from."
- Christian Harmony 2010 Indices -- Indices for the 2010 Edition of William Walker's Christian Harmony
- New generation leads revival of shape-note singing tradition -- "I walked into a room and my life changed. I was just transfixed."
- Nobody Knows: The Forgotten Story of One of the Most Influential Figures in American Music -- "After years of unsuccessfully pursuing the music profession—and now at twenty-six years of age—Harry had surrendered to the reality of making a living outside of the music world."
- Sacred Harp Singings in Alabama -- "Please visit the schedule of annual singings for up-to-date information on upcoming all-day Sacred Harp singings in Alabama."
Monday, March 30, 2015
New Generation and other music links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.