- A Baptist’s Bookshelf: Thomas Schreiner’s Hebrews Commentary -- "If you’re in need of a good volume on Hebrews, you won’t do wrong picking up this one."
- A Fair Assessment Of 50 Shades Of Grey -- "...the main draw of the 50 Shades Trilogy really...is the story of unconditional love. If you are obstinate and are going to read the books anyway, save yourself the time and the guilt and read the following review."
- Baptist Autographs in the John Rylands University Library of Manchester, 1741-1845 -- "The reader will appreciate the abundance of detailed footnotes that help provide context to each letter as well as establish connections between the authors, recipients, or other persons mentioned."
- Book of the Month/January 2015 -- "The doctrine of the lesser magistrates is one of our lost doctrines, an essential part of our civic heritage, but one which we have shamefully neglected and now are in desperate need of again."
- Book Review: History: Think For Yourself About What Shaped The Church -- "History is, for Americans especially, a problematic business. There are those who want to transmit history, and others who want to redefine it."
- Rough Country: How Texas Became a Conservative Evangelical Powerhouse -- "Prior to the Civil War, as natural disasters, disease, and potential attack by Native Americans threatened white families that settled Texas, religion brought hope and comfort. It also shaped civilization in the 'rough country'."
- The Bible Tells Me So: Why Defending Scripture Has Made Us Unable to Read It -- "I find myself somewhat torn. I really like reading Peter Enns....although the overall message of the book—that the Bible isn’t a rulebook—is a somewhat overdone attack on a straw-man, his seven chapters each make important points evangelicals have often missed."
- The Importance of Being Earnest -- "Wilde uses this farcical comedy to mock the manners and social decorum of the period."
Saturday, March 28, 2015
Baptist Autographs, and other reviews
The posting of book reviews does not constitute endorsement of the books or book reviews that are linked.