- Baptist Historical Markers -- Texas historical markers related to the Baptist denomination of churches
- Exclusive: How John Roberts killed the census citizenship question -- "Chief Justice John Roberts cast the deciding vote against President Donald Trump's attempt to add a citizenship question to the 2020 census, but only after changing his position behind the scenes..."
- FIRST-PERSON (Mike & Stephanie Goeke): A Changed Man -- "While no one accepted what I was doing as right, no one rejected me. Stephanie had known nothing of my struggle and had no exposure to homosexuality, but she refused to pursue a divorce."
- Five Signs Your Church Might Be Heading Toward Progressive Christianity -- "Another word that tends to get a progressive makeover is love. When plucked out of its Biblical context, it becomes a catch-all term for everything pleasant, affirming and non-confrontative."
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country -- "Living hard and free, cedar choppers clashed with respectable townsfolk in the mid-20th century."
- No, Redheaded People Don’t Have “Genetic Superpowers” -- "While they are the rarest of all hair colors, redheads still compose a major portion of the world’s population."
- Orderly Worship -- "...the principles in this passage apply to all aspects of a Christian worship service."
- Sisters, Jesus Is Not Your Cheerleader -- "It’s the friends willing to call me out in my sin and say hard things whom I trust the most."
- The Bible and the Idolatry of Science -- "Besides the various contradictions among twentieth century physics theories, some concepts, such as energy, underwent significant definitional changes while maintaining the same names."
- The Edge – Get a Grip: Who can you trust in a fake news world? -- "Does it matter? Yes of course it does. Without truth we live in hell."
- WALSH: Greta Thunberg Is A Child Abuse Victim -- "If any grown up in Thunberg's life really cared about her psychological and emotional well-being, they would sit her down and explain that climate change is not going to destroy human civilization."
- Worship By the Book: Or, Why Sincerity Is Insufficient for True Worship -- "...true worship always responds to the Word of God."
Wednesday, September 25, 2019
Jesus Is Not Your Cheerleader, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.