- Affirming God’s Image: Addressing the Transgender Question with Science and Scripture By: J. Alan Branch -- "The first step to responding well to any situation is understanding it. Affirming God’s Image equips you with the biblical, scientific, and practical knowledge you need for a wise response."
- Book Review: Dark Clouds, Deep Mercy, by Mark Vroegop -- "When tragedy strikes, we often don’t know what to do next."
- Book Review: Evangelism as Exiles -- "Elliot Clark’s book is a gift to Christians tempted to feel discouraged by their increased sense of alienation in America."
- Book Review: Magnificent Obsession -- "Tackling one of the most common objections, ‘I would believe if I had the evidence,’ Robertson admits that it isn’t an unreasonable request."
- Book Review: Orthodox Radicals, by Matthew Bingham -- "Bingham’s recent book Orthodox Radicals: Baptist Identity in the English Reformation seeks to overturn the conventional way that Baptists, ever since the 18th century, have thought about and labeled their 17th-century English roots."
- Book Review: Remaining Faithful in Ministry, by John MacArthur -- "MacArthur sets forth the clarity and authority of the Word clearly. The nine convictions that kept Paul faithful emerge right from the text."
- Book Review: Restoring Sexual Identity by Anne Paulk -- "I highly recommend this book to any woman struggling with unwanted Same-Sex Attraction or for any parent with a daughter who struggles."
- Book Review: Suffering - Gospel Hope When Life Doesn’t Make Sense -- "He teaches scriptural truth in the context of when it was written and then how it can be rightfully applied to our lives today..."
- Book Review: The Unsaved Christian -- "My only quibble is I wish Inserra had spent more time distinguishing between cultural Christians and immature ones."
- Book Review: 7 Myths About Singleness, by Sam Allberry -- "Ultimately, our marital status is infinitely less important that the status of our souls. The trials of singleness run deep, as do the opportunities that are afforded by it."
- Review: Confronting Christianity: 12 Hard Questions for the World’s Largest Religion -- "My most significant critique of McLaughlin is a presuppositionalist one: I would have liked to see more Bible, even and especially in a book that she hopes non-Christians might read."
- Rebecca Friedrichs on “Standing Up to Goliath” -- "Former CIR plaintiff and California teacher Rebecca Friedrichs has told the inside story of her decades long struggle against teachers unions in her new book, Standing Up to Goliath: Battling State and National Teachers’ Unions for the Heart and Soul of Our Kids and Country."
Friday, September 27, 2019
Affirming God’s Image, and other reviews
The posting of book reviews does not constitute endorsement of the books or book reviews that are linked.