- A Passage for a Pastor Called to an Established Church -- "Every pastor is an interim pastor."
- Are There Critical Text Readings in the NKJV after All? A Nerdy and Detailed Response to a Set of Fair Questions -- "Now, even if my supporting point about the NKJV goes down, my central case stands..."
- Is Prostitution Work? -- "as Christianity declines, Christian values are no longer the foundation on which society is built and so as new values and norms are being established, new language is needed to help with that process."
- My Response to Mark Ward's Response to My List of Fifteen Deviations of the NKJV from the Underlying Original Language Text of the KJV -- "In a new post, he said none of them are legitimate examples, so I looked at his (and two assistants) arguments, and here is my conclusion about what they wrote."
- One Final Post on the NKJV Textual Deviations from the Text Behind the KJV -- "Mark is admitting to six [deviations of the text behind the NKJV from the underlying text of the KJV]."
- Science and Religion Should Not Fight -- "Let not science and religion be reckoned as opposing citadels, frowning defiance upon each other, and their troops brandishing their armour in hostile attitude."
- Straight Men Must Date “Trans Women” to Combat Hate, Say Activists -- "...just because everyone else lets the gender-dysphoric live in a fantasy world doesn’t mean that we—as heterosexual people of faith—have to play along..."
- Texas gov. signs bill making it illegal to kill babies who survive abortion -- "House Bill 16 requires that for any child born alive after an attempted abortion, doctors “must exercise the same degree of professional skill, care, and diligence to preserve the life and health of the child as a reasonably diligent and conscientious physician would render to any other child born alive at the same gestational age...”."
- The Good and Bad of Christendom -- "Religious toleration in the empire created conditions for the freedom...but when in 391 Emperor Theodosius I made Christianity the Roman Empire’s official...the church began to be the controlling influence in the entirety of the empire."
- US discards thousands of donated kidneys each year as patients die on waitlist, study says -- "The study found that the U.S. is more likely than France to throw away kidneys when the donor had hypertension, diabetes, had a heart attack or tested positive for Hepatitis C. But that doesn’t mean those kidneys can’t be used to save lives."
- What Is Church Membership? -- "Church membership, in other words, is not about “additional requirements.” It’s about a church taking specific responsibility for a Christian, and a Christian for a church."
- Why Faith Statements Won’t Save Us -- "Machen concluded that “despite the liberal use of traditional phraseology modern liberalism not only is a different religion from Christianity but belongs in a totally different class of religions”."
Wednesday, September 04, 2019
A Passage for a Pastor, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.