Translate

Friday, May 31, 2019

Grace! ’tis a charming sound

Grace! ’tis a charming sound,
Harmonious to the ear;
Heav’n with the echo shall resound,
And all the earth shall hear.

The Source and Fullness of Grace
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
1 Peter 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

The Sovereignty of Grace
Romans 11:5-6 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
Ephesians 1:5-6 5 having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6 to the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
Ephesians 4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
Romans 9:15-16 For He saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on
whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Salvation by Grace
Acts 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.
Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

Grace is Sufficient
Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
1 Corinthians 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
James 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Grace taught my wandering feet
To tread the pilgrim road;
And new supplies each hour I meet
While pressing on to God.

1 Peter 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Grace all the work shall crown
Through everlasting days;
It lays in love the topmost stone,
And well deserves the praise.
(Philip Doddridge)

Ninety-Third Psalm tune

No comments: