- 3 arrested in death of pregnant Chicago woman -- "A pregnant woman who had gone to a Chicago home in response to a Facebook offer of free baby clothes was strangled and her baby cut from her womb, police and family members said. The newborn was in grave condition and not expected to survive."
- A Question Of Contempt: Why The Barr Vote Could Prove Costly For Congress -- "Update: The Democrats are now arguing that they are not demanding the redacted Grand Jury information despite weeks of calling for the full and unredacted report — and a subpoena that demands the entire unredacted report."
- Converted clog-dancers: Spurgeon on drawing a crowd -- "Cheapjack advertising is altogether out of harmony with the grand truths and the glorious spirit of the gospel."
- Does intent matter anymore? -- "...here you have one of the most popular and powerful sports organizations in the world labeling one of its own fans a racist without knowing if he’s actually racist."
- Explaining Progressive Gender Theory To Right Wing Bigots -- "And womanhood certainly has nothing at all to do with your body parts. But if you don't have a uterus then you shouldn't be giving your opinion on women's rights. No uterus, no opinion."
- How to Defeat the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact -- "A key difference between conservatives and liberals is the way in which they handle a presidential election loss...when liberals lose under the existing rules, they seek to change the rules..."
- Hugh Miller – The Christian Radical -- "In looking at Miller’s politics we need to be careful of both a 21st century subjectivism and chronological snobbery."
- Louisiana College Professor Resigns in Protest After School Leaders Conceal Lewd, Sexist Comments by Prominent Dean -- "After Joshua Joy Dara, a local Baptist minister and LC’s Dean of Human Behavior, made offensive comments that objectified women’s bodies during a mandatory chapel service, the school’s leaders attempted to diminish criticism of a man its president called “one of the top five most powerful people in Central Louisiana”."
- Religious liberty and a good chicken sandwich -- "At least one San Antonio City Council member has publicly apologized for his harsh criticism of Chick-fil-A and his vote to remove the restaurant from the city airport concessionaire contract."
- Texas Baptist group ousts church led by registered sex offender -- "Leaders of a Texas branch of the Southern Baptist Convention recently voted to withdraw fellowship from a San Antonio church pastored by a registered sex offender."
- The Fall of All the Mall Walls: Definitions in the Age of Social Media -- "How words are defined, and who defines them, proved to be a little more thought intensive than one might imagine."
- The Latest: 3 arrested in death of pregnant woman -- "Chicago Police say the woman who was strangled before her unborn son was cut from her womb had bought baby clothes from her alleged killer before the day she died."
- What Does it Mean to be Pro-Life? -- "As Christians, we are called to demonstrate our faith and love to others by ensuring their physical, emotional, and safety needs are met."
- What Does It Mean to Be ‘Pro-Life’? -- "We stand alone in our calling to save children. We need to fulfill it."
- What Does It Really Mean to Be Pro-Life? -- "...the term encapsulates so much more than simply an opposition to abortion."
- Where Circus and Church Meet: A Plea for the Recovery of Sola Scriptura in Worship -- "What is your view of clown ministry in the local church?"
- Woman allegedly shoves and kills 74-year-old man after he told her to be nice to bus passengers -- "On April 23, a hospice care worker discovered Fournier dead. A coroner later determined that he died from complications of blunt force torso injuries..."
- 5 Reasons Pastors Ought to Pray for Slow Growth -- "...sometimes, the line between godly and ungodly ambition is dangerously thin."
Thursday, May 30, 2019
3 arrested in death, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.