- A Parable About Pop Music in Church -- "Look, I’m not sure we’re talking about the same thing here. I’m talking about feeding my family. Lollipops are tasty, and fun, but they are not food."
- A Sketch of the Life of James Martin Hamrick -- "...if a man were to pass my house with a sacred harp under his arm, he can return, eat my ham and sweetened coffee, and slumber on my best bed."
- Byrd’s reasons to sing -- "Since singing is so good a thing, I wish all men would learn to sing."
- “Echo In the Canyon”: Laurel Canyon in the 60s -- "Ask fans to name some of music’s most legendary locations, and you’ll likely get answers such as Detroit, Memphis, Minneapolis, Seattle, New York, and New Jersey."
- GMA Honors and Hall of Fame ceremony part of landmark year for Gospel Music Association -- "The annual GMA Honors ceremony also celebrates charitable organizations and the artists and individuals that spearhead them."
- God almighty, this church ‘can be so loud!’ Some neighbors say it’s an ultra nuisance -- "When we became aware of a noise concern, our first response was to downsize our speakers in order to help remedy the situation."
- Hymns Ancient and Modern for a New Generation -- "I truly believe Hymns to the Living God is an heir to Hymns Ancient and Modern in each of the key areas mentioned above."
- Hymns for Alzheimer’s: Free Downloads -- "They are specifically arranged as sing-alongs for elders with Alzheimer’s and dementia; that is, very simple, slower, shorter, and in a lower key than usual. (But of course anyone may enjoy them.)"
- Indian Melodies -- "Cummock and his community of Brothertown, New York, were forced to move to Calumet County, Wisconsin, taking with them their particular style of shape-note singing."
- Morrissey and the Magic of Music -- "For Morrissey, it hasn't been an easy ride: the media haven't always accepted him kindly. Unused to figures that don't fit into their box, he has often been met with scorn by mainstream journalists."
- Regulative Principle of Worship: A Position Paper Concerning the Regulative Principle of Worship -- "Is there a difference between the typical evangelical worship service, even those of a conservative nature, and the worship service of a scripturally ordered Reformed Baptist church?"
- Should the worship wars end? -- "If it matters what styles we use in worship (which is the heart of the debate), then this is something we should fight over."
- The country music star -- "Oh, that’s just Evelyn. She’s a country music star."
- World’s Largest Ever Male Choir sing Gwahoddiad -- "The World Choir of over 8,000 strong sing “Gwahoddiad” in Welsh at the old Cardiff Park Arms Stadium in Wales (1993)."
- 3 Wills Found At Aretha Franklin's Home -- "When the Queen of Soul died last August, family and lawyers said publicly that they believed that Aretha Franklin did not have a will."
- 75th Anniversary Timeline: Music -- "Highlighting events and milestones in history that coincide with Texas Co-op Power’s 75 years of publication."
- 87-Year-Old Pianist Achieves Dream of Publishing Song -- "LifeWay Christian Resources recently published Thomas’ hymn, “Praise to Thee, Blessed Trinity” on its digital hymnbook resource."
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
87-Year-Old Pianist, and other music links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.