- 24 Hours—Plain as Day -- "The top Hebrew scholars all agree that the writer of Genesis 1 intended the word day to mean 24 hours. If they all agree . . . then why can’t we?"
- An Exegetical Look at John 3:16 - by Dr. C. Matthew McMahon -- "...John 3:16 recalls the promise of the prologue seen in 1:12-13 and prepares the reader of the Gospel to encounter God’s expanded realm of salvation, not only for the Jews, but also for the Samaritans and Gentiles in John 4:1-54."
- A Response to James Anderson on John 3:16 -- "The truth is, there is no discernible difference between the English in question and the Greek with regard to indefiniteness."
- Does John 3:16 Say “Whoever”? -- "...the indefinite relative pronoun ὅστις does not occur in John 3:16, but language is not so monolithic that there is only one way to say something."
- For God so loved the world: A Calvinist Response to Richard Brian Davis -- "James White has responded that the participial phrase, πᾶς ὁ πιστεύων, is best rendered “everyone believing”."
- Genesis is Literal History -- "It is popular today even in “evangelical” circles to deny the historicity of Genesis 1-11."
- How Church Membership is Misunderstood, Misapplied, and Abused -- "...pastors...may be tempted to an unrighteous zeal—a zeal to establish membership processes and practices that move beyond what Scripture requires."
- Is the Meaning of Genesis Lost in the Ancient Near East? -- "Dr. Walton’s Lost World series is a good example of what happens when, however unintentionally, the ANE texts are given magisterial authority over the text of Scripture."
- Metaphors and Membership: How Biblical Metaphors for the Church Require Church Membership -- "If we unpack all of what Scripture teaches about the local church, we’ll find that church membership is in fact in every nook and cranny of the New Testament."
- Mueller’s Preposterous Rationale for Tainting the President with ‘Obstruction’ Allegations -- "Who is running this show, Mueller — or some of his notoriously aggressive staffers, recruited from the Obama Justice Department and private practice stints representing the Clintons?"
- The FBI’s Trump-Russia Investigation Was Formally Opened on False Pretenses -- "The investigative theory on which the FBI formally opened the foreign-counterintelligence probe code-named “Crossfire Hurricane” on July 31, 2016, held that the Trump campaign knew about, and was potentially complicit in, Russia’s possession of hacked emails that would compromise Hillary Clinton..."
- Twelve Reasons Why Membership Matters -- "It’s biblical. Jesus established the local church and all the apostles did their ministry through it."
- What I Learned from Two Failed Church Mergers -- "As we were walking, it suddenly struck us that there was a big, almost-empty Baptist church nearby. So we walked over and knocked on the door."
- Who is the Suffering Servant of Isaiah 53? -- "With the Suffering Servqant, Isaiah paints a picture of a coming time when God will pour out the punishment for our sin on one individual..."
Friday, May 24, 2019
24 Hours—Plain as Day, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.