- Authority and Its Abuse -- "Abusive authority is the improper use of authority. Like all sin, it’s a distortion."
- Barr laid it on the line with the simple question the Russia Hoaxers can’t answer -- "Attorney General William Barr scares the wits out of the Democrats who bet their party’s political future on removing President Trump from office."
- Corporate Church, Consumer Membership -- "From what can be observed by the statisticians and researchers, it is attracting a lot of marginal members out of existing churches into the larger ones, because a larger gathering produces a large enough offering to pay for the smorgasbord of services provided to keep the people who have been attracted to the church."
- Democrat lawmaker verbally assaults elderly woman praying outside Planned Parenthood -- "A homosexual pro-abortion member of Pennsylvania’s House of Representatives [verbally assaulted] an elderly Catholic woman praying in peaceful protest outside a Planned Parenthood abortion mill in his district, calling her an “old white lady” who was doing something “disgusting”."
- Georgia Gov Brian Kemp Signs Bill Banning Abortions When Baby’s Heartbeat Begins -- "The Living Infants Fairness and Equality Act...recognizes that science tells us that children in the womb are living, distinct human beings that are worthy of full legal protection."
- Gushee faults evangelicals for using ‘selective literalism’ to harm gays -- "Gushee...in his 2014 book Changing Our Mind chronicled how after decades of defending the traditional evangelical position he came to believe that someone can be both Christian and gay..."
- Gravestone Cleaning 101 -- "While some of this damage cannot be reversed, in other cases, preservation and prevention can make all the difference."
- Hundreds of California parents protest after LGBT curriculum passes school board -- "Parents opposed to the curriculum urged the district to try another program, saying the K–5 students were too young to learn that historical figures identified as LGBT."
- Instant Archives -- "The free Portal to Texas History website contains nearly 12 million digitized historical documents for research."
- Once Abused by the Church, Now I Love the Church -- "We were only allowed to read the pastor’s writings...He was dictatorial, manipulative, and spiritually abusive."
- Pete Buttigieg doesn’t get to make up his own Christianity -- "There is no place in His entire biblical narrative where He defines us by our desires. All of us, however, are known by our choices."
- Russian Interference -- "Tumbleweeds—stray pests from Siberia and icons of loneliness—sometimes gang up on civilization."
- The Christian Heart of Modern Medicine -- "The French Atheist philosopher Michael Onfray in his book ‘In Defence of Atheism’ argues that the whole of Western medicine is shot through with a Christian worldview and that this needs to be eradicated."
- The Injustice of Social Justice -- "The besetting sin of pragmatic, style-conscious evangelicals has always been that they shamelessly borrow fads and talking points from the unbelieving world."
- The Liturgical Nature of Cultus -- "The term “cultus” grew from this original Latin source alongside “culture,” and referred to the public acts of worship performed by a religious community."
- Time Magazine and the Buttigiegs: masterful Rockwellian deception -- "The cover photo is a carefully posed illusion. The story on the pages inside the magazine is nothing more than a fawning 4,000-word footnote to the TIME cover."
- ‘Why is my teenage girl picked on for NOT being gay or trans?’ A disturbing look at how teachers and pupils have turned tolerance on its head -- "By trying to stop the small number of transgender pupils being bullied, are the rest of the class suffering?"
- Why New Testament Polity Is Prescriptive -- "Today many evangelicals assume that the Bible does not prescribe a normative pattern of church polity. This is a natural—and convenient—assumption..."
Thursday, May 09, 2019
Corporate Church, Consumer Membership, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.