- California Christians, Prepare for Civil Disobedience -- "As California appears poised to pass an extreme bill that directly attacks your religious freedoms, it’s time for you to draw a line in the sand. If the bill passes, you must choose to obey God rather than man."
- Did Paul Prefer Singleness? -- "The difference between Roman Catholics and Protestants, at least in the United States, is quite remarkable. In Roman Catholicism, one can’t be a priest unless one is single, but in Protestantism, it is difficult to become the preaching pastor, or what’s often called the senior pastor, unless one is married."
- Homeschool Curriculum Choices for 5th and 7th Grades -- "Here is what we’re using this year in our homeschool to foster a joyful search for wisdom and beauty and the formation of habits of Christlikeness."
- How KJV-Only Christians Responded to Authorized: the Use and Misuse of the King James Bible -- "But first a prefatory comment: KJV-Onlyism has sometimes produced online abrasiveness, and I’ve surely seen this; but the first wave of their responses to my book has reminded me that the Spirit indwells many people with whose theology I disagree."
- If Your House Is Cluttered Your Brain Might Be Too -- "When you have less stuff in a room, you mental state actually improves."
- Make America Spank Again -- "...America has got to get control over the youth of this country. When “free will” trumps respect of authority, teachers, and parents, we’re essentially putting the power into the hands of kids that haven’t developed real skill sets for the real world."
- More Sex Scandals In The Catholic Church -- "Most of the men on the list are accused of sexually abusing children...This report should be a wake-up call for parents and the leaders of the Catholic Church."
- On the Authority of Scripture’s Form -- "Quote from “What Is a Geological Commentary?” by C. Kavin Rowe and Richard Hays"
- The Biblical Way to Choose a Pastor -- "Pastor Jason Young uses the passages on choosing elders to define the proper process of choosing a pastor." (Video)
- The Church Needs Fewer Men Who Feel “Called” to Ministry -- "I pontificated about how the entire ordination process was meaningless (I know, if it is meaningless, why was I doing it?). I was thoroughly convinced that my calling was personal, subjective, and ultimately between me and God."
- The OT in Peter’s NT Pentecost Message -- "In Acts 2:14–41, Luke records Peter quoting or alluding to a half-dozen passages or so in his Pentecost sermon."
- The Single Most Important Aspect of Apologetics is Knowing what the Bible Does and Does Not Teach -- "I think all too often, we associate the apologetic discipline with a sort of rigid intellectualism."
Thursday, August 23, 2018
California Christians, Prepare, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.