- At Jeffress’ First Baptist Church of Dallas, Trump Support Is Part of a 150-Year Tradition -- "But the First Baptist Church of Dallas didn’t just get political. It’s been that way for a long time."
- Baptist Historical Books -- "PDF files of a number of books by Baptist historians"
- Church Members Must Watch Their Elders’ Life & Doctrine -- "In this post, I want to consider a church member’s responsibility to hold elders accountable."
- “Grandfathered In,” Racism, and a Copy-Editor’s True Calling -- "I’m left wondering why a copy-editor thought a bunch of other copy-editors should know all this."
- History of the Red River Meeting House -- "...the Second Great Awakening...began in June of 1800 in Logan County, Kentucky, at the Red River Meeting House near the present day community of Schochoh."
- How We Planted Our Church with Titus -- "In God’s providence, I had done a fair amount of study in the book of Titus, and had grown personally attached to it. Every time I put down a church planting book exhausted, I took up Titus and found refreshment."
- Jonah Goldberg: Trump has points about meddling -- "At first glance, this might seem like typical presidential trolling. It might look like it at second glance too. The president does have a point, though. Two points, actually."
- Learning to See Your Single Neighbor -- "Doing life alone. I’m far from the only single Christian who is regularly exhausted by it."
- Ray City, Georgia History -- "An incomplete sketch of the people, places, and historic events of Ray City, Georgia. A local history project of the Ray City Community Library."
- Samuel L. Straughan Grave - Heathsville, Virginia -- "The secret of Straughan’s success seems to have been his insatiable love of the Word of God. He majored on the theme of the atonement of Christ, but his message was saturated with the Scriptures."
- The Origin of the First London Confession and its Importance for Baptists Today -- "Another concept not found in this document is the “universal, invisible church”."
- The Origin of the Particular Baptists in England -- "However obscure the past may be we have this confidence: Our Lord stated that the gates of Hell would not prevail against the church He would build, and they have not!"
- The Racist Origins of “Being Grandfathered In” -- "In certain cases, people or corporations are grandfathered in, meaning they get to continue under the previous rules and not be subject to the new rules."
- Tidence Lane's Testimony of Shubal Stearns -- "When the fame of Mr. Stearns’s preaching had reached the Yadkin, where I lived, I felt a curiosity to go and hear him."
Thursday, August 16, 2018
At Jeffress’ First Baptist Church of Dallas, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.