- A Declaration of My Own Position on the Inspiration and Preservation of Holy Scripture -- "Unless convinced otherwise by the Scriptures, I will continue to believe and confess this faith, by the enabling grace of God, until Christ’s return or my death."
- A Matter of Principle: an essay on the Exclusivity (or Regulative) Principle of Scripture -- "The same is clearly demonstrated by God telling Moses to simply speak to the rock. God did not forbid Moses to strike it, but Moses was clearly and justly condemned for doing so."
- Consumer expert warns against smartphone, Bible-app use in worship -- "Someone launches their favorite Bible app and while using it inadvertently notices an e-mail from a boss or romantic interest. Or maybe they decide to quickly check the weather forecast for the day."
- Defining Bible Words -- "...one rule does not always yield a definition for every word."
- Everybody’s a Fundamentalist No. 13 -- "At least biblical, orthodox Christians can publicly, explicitly, and self-consciously advertise the standards on which they found themselves, by which they separate, and through which they establish the boundaries of academic freedom. The pro-diversity forces have to persuade themselves that their list of acceptable viewpoints counts as “diversity,” that the width of their pluralism is as far as anyone need go to earn the label."
- “God was manifested in the flesh” Shown To Be The True Reading Of 1 Timothy III. 16 -- "And now, will you listen while I state the grounds on which I am convinced that your substitution of ὅς for Θεός in 1 Tim. iii. 16 is nothing else but a calamitous perversion of the Truth?"
- Islam--Facts or Dreams -- "I immediately began to wonder why American officials from President Bill Clinton and Attorney General Janet Reno on down, officials who had no background in Muslim doctrine and culture, believed they knew more about Islam than the Blind Sheikh."
- King James English: Verbs and Pronouns -- "Below is a paradigm of the verbal and pronominal forms of Elizabethan English."
- NOW Corpus -- "The NOW corpus (News on the Web) contains 5.9 billion words of data from web-based newspapers and magazines from 2010 to the present time."
- On Leaving the SBC -- "I set about to write a list of my problems with the SBC, in one final swan-song of separation from this unrepentant beast of an organization."
- Open Letter: Russell Moore does not represent me, a Black Christian -- "I truly believe that I could attend any White Evangelical church and be welcomed."
- The Latin Vulgate and the King James Version -- "...opponents of the King James Version...are saying that the King James continues to be supported for the same reason the Roman Catholics required the Latin Vulgate."
- The Looming Civil War in the SBC? -- "If there is an effort to embarrass or remove Russell Moore, it will ignite a Civil War in SBC life."
- The Pattern for the Church -- "Church instructions are presented in the Bible in several ways. There are numerous direct commands telling us how things should be done..."
- The SBC Should Not Want Black Leadership -- "for the life of me, I cannot understand how four thousand people could gather in the name of Martin Luther King and Jesus and overlook the message of King...the notion of “color-blindness,” which both the ERLC and The Gospel Coalition have told us in recent days is “racist.”"
- What do “psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs” mean? -- "...these passages do not clearly restrict Christian song to OT psalms."
Thursday, April 26, 2018
God was, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.