- 7 Common Historical Newspaper Abbreviations and Terms -- "Relict – This term is used to describe a surviving spouse, often a widow."
- Credo v. Certo Baptism: How Delaying Baptism May Change its Meaning from Profession of Faith to Evidence of Sanctification -- "using other criteria to determine if a person has made a credible profession of faith, and setting that investigation prior to baptism itself, risks changing baptism from a symbol of initial union with and confession of faith in Christ to a symbol of progressive sanctification."
- Form and Substance: Baptist Ecclesiology and the Regulative Principle -- "Early English Baptists clearly ascribed to the regulative principle, but as the foregoing discussion has shown, Baptists have applied the principle not only to the elements of worship, as did their Puritan counterparts, but they have also applied it to the forms of those elements."
- Love for Christ & Scripture-Regulated Worship 1: Introduction -- "...Scripture-regulated worship is very much bound up in the believer’s love for Christ."
- Philip Mauro Study Archive -- "...Bob Jones University persists in defining “King James Only” as Ruckmanism and taking every occasion to lump every defender of the King James Bible into that category."
- King James Bible: The Old Black Book -- "The Hebrew and Greek are in agreement with the English in the KJV, therefore there is no need to correct either."
- Should Christians Be Adapting To The Culture? — Voddie Baucham -- "In truth when we are raising the needs or wants of culture over the demand of God to adhere to His Word, Voddie tells us that this is a form of idolatry."
- The King James Version Easy Read -- "The King James Version Easy Read (KJVER®) Bible uses the original 1611 King James Version text (based on the Textus Receptus—Received Text—rather than the revised 1881 Greek and Hebrew text), but it updates the language for the modern reader."
- “Thus says the Lord”—or, The Book of Common Prayer Weighed in the Balances of the Sanctuary -- "“Thus says the Lord” is the only authority in God’s Church...It is even so in the Church at the present day; true servants of God demand to see for all church ordinances and doctrines, the express authority of the Church’s only Teacher and Lord."
- What is a Living Book? -- "Two terms provide an effective antithesis for a the idea of a living book–textbooks and twaddle."
- Which Version is the Bible? The 1881 Revision -- "In 1881 A.D., part of the Church of England (Anglican) decided to revise the King James Bible (the Authorized Version)."
- Who was the first prominent KJV defender to influence others to declare the KJV to be inerrant or inspired in the 20th century? -- "...not only was Ruckman responsible for popularizing the belief that the KJV was infallible, he was also the first person in history to write apologetic literature to any extent defending the absolute inerrancy of the KJV."
Monday, April 23, 2018
7 Common Historical Newspaper Abbreviations, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.