- Biblical Theology and Shepherding -- "Sheep need feeding and tending and guiding and protecting. Pastors do this for their people, transposed into a spiritual key."
- Love the Church More than its Health -- "...there’s a temptation I have noticed that you and I are susceptible to: we can love our vision of what a church should be more than we love the people who comprise it."
- Modern Textual Criticism's Role in the Breakdown of Morality -- "Bishop stated that the objective of the prominent Unitarian and Modernistic textual critics was to undermine the divine inspiration of Scripture and to weaken the doctrine of Hell, and he observed that if this objective succeeded, it would result in the complete moral breakdown of society."
- Step Up Leaders: Shocking Evangelical statistics, abortion positions should wake us into action -- "If this is just a medical procedure, why don’t you just go ahead and step up and say, “It’s nothing to it. If we want to kill babies in the womb, it’s okay.” You see, deep down, you know it’s wrong."
- The Collect for The Fourth Sunday in Advent in The Book of Common Prayer -- "O LORD, raise up (we pray thee) thy power, and come among us, and with great might succour us; that whereas, through our sins and wickedness, we are sore let and hindered in running the race that is set before us, thy bountiful grace and mercy may speedily help and deliver us; through the satisfaction of thy Son our Lord, to whom with thee and the Holy Ghost be honour and glory, world without end. Amen."
- The Creation Reveals the Transcendence of God -- "God’s transcendence means that He is outside space and time and that He is eternal...But our transcendent God did not leave us nor does He live far from us."
- The Historic Views of the Church Concerning Preservation -- "Even professed Fundamentalists take great pride today in fervently arguing that God did not perfectly preserve His Words, leaving us with an uncertain errant text."
- The Resurrection of Jesus: An Inconvenient Fact -- "The fact is that if Jesus did not come out of that grave, then Christianity is pointless, despite what liberal preachers say. Christianity is not positive thinking or a good attitude. Either Christ came out of that grave or the whole religion is a fraud."
- The Untold Story of The Fundamentals -- "Contained within century-old business records, private letters and other historical documents is an inspiring story of how [Lyman] Stewart gave generously of his wealth, shunned personal attention, assembled a broad coalition of thinkers and followed a calling from God to equip the English-speaking world with a respectful, intelligent defense of the Christian faith."
- "THERE IS NO HELL" -- new Francis revelation to atheist journalist just in time for Good Friday -- "There is no hell, there is the disappearance of sinful souls."
- Transcript: Parkland student Kyle Kashuv on "Face the Nation," March 25, 2018 -- "He was flagged by the FBI. He was flagged so many different times by the Broward Sheriff's Office. We need to see that we have to hold our government accountable."
- Why Knowing Your Flock Is Critical to Meaningful Preaching -- "The ministry of preaching cannot be divorced from the ministry of soul care; in fact, preaching is actually an extension of soul care."
- Why the King James Version? The Preservation of the Bible By Faithful Churches -- "Someone has wisely said that a man who owns only one watch knows what time it is, but a man who has two watches is never quite sure."
Thursday, April 05, 2018
Biblical Theology, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.