- A Quiet Circumvention of Morality — Women in Combat -- "In its essence, war is a horrible business."
- Map: Which countries allow women in front-line combat roles? -- "he map at the top of this page shows in red which countries formally permit women in combat positions [in 2013]."
- Now Women Should Register for the Draft -- "Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter announced last week that all positions in the U.S. military would now be open to any member of the armed forces who can meet the standards...In the wake of Secretary Carter’s announcement, Congress should now require young women as well as men to register for the Selective Service System."
- Obama administration weighs making women eligible for military draft -- "The government is deliberating whether to propose Selective Service changes that would make women eligible for the military draft, the White House said Friday..."
- The USMC Sought to Protect Women, Now Forced to Endanger Them -- "The Marine Corps, historically, is concerned with primarily one thing: winning in combat."
- Why One Woman Quit the Police Force -- "Growing up as a little tom-boy, I would have told you that I wanted to be in the military, and later that dream morphed into becoming a police officer."
- Women in Military – A Christian Perspective -- "If I were the last man on the planet to think so, I would want the honor of saying no woman should go before me into combat to defend my country."
- Women in Combat: A Christian's Thoughts -- "My thoughts come from the standpoint of someone who believes that men and women are both image bearers of God, but who have been created by God to complement one another."
- Women in Combat: A Good Idea? -- "Throughout history, most men and women—and even children—have recognized the wisdom of not sending our mothers, daughters, and sisters to the battlefield."
- Women in Combat–A Time for Truth -- "Christian moral teaching holds that military service is for men–not women."
- Women in Combat and the Undoing of Civilization -- "Americans have by and large cast aside the “quaint” view that men and women are different and that they ought to have roles and responsibilities that correspond to those differences."
Monday, February 01, 2016
Women in Combat, links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.