- Do journalistic purposes exempt journalists from criminal laws? -- "The short answer is 'no'. The long answer is 'mostly no', but it’s more complicated."
- Donald Trump accidentally put money in the Communion plate at a church in Iowa -- "...when the Communion plates were passed, Trump mistook the silver plates for the offertory..."
- Egyptian Christian Students Stand Trial for Insulting Islam -- "Naguib said the video came to light in April 2015, shortly after Islamic State militants in Libya beheaded dozens of Egyptian Christians."
- Free State High School student told Confederate flag not allowed at school -- "Lawrence Superintendent Rick Doll said that the administration at the school considered the student’s free speech rights before making the decision."
- Houston prosecutor who’s on the Planned Parenthood board was apparently not involved in indictment of Planned Parenthood video makers -- "One of the nearly 300 prosecutors in Harris County, Tex., is Lauren Reeder, who at least was and maybe still is on the board of the local Planned Parenthood affiliate."
- Is it time to reconsider church-sponsored Super Bowl fellowships? -- "This year, however, our church won’t be encouraging Super Bowl fellowships."
- Jerry Falwell Jr: Here’s the backstory of why I endorsed Donald Trump -- "I admit my view of the world is colored by my legal and business experiences at Liberty."
- Planned Parenthood Board Member Works in Office of D.A. Who Indicted David Daleiden -- "...one of the prosecutors in the Harris County district attorney’s office is deeply involved with Planned Parenthood – serving as a board member for the local Planned Parenthood affiliate in Texas where the undercover investigation took place..."
- Public's trust in clergy plummets -- "Hairdressers are considered to be less likely to lie than clergy, along with doctors, teachers, judges, scientists and the police."
- Sex Abuse in the Church and Our Place in the Village -- "If it takes a village to raise a child, it also takes a village to abuse one."
- Tongues are Known Languages -- "It refers to a known language. It is not a prophecy of speaking in a language known only to the Holy Spirit."
- Which Christianity? Following Scripture or the Huffpo -- "The 'Christianity' preached in many [Mainline Protestant Denominations] sounds more like the Huffington Post opinion pages than the Bible."
- Why Christian Women Need to Talk about Sex -- "Our popular culture seemingly lacks any kind of boundary around sexual discussion or expression, so it can be tempting for us to overcorrect for that."
Saturday, February 06, 2016
Journalistic purposes, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.