- A truly liberal society would tolerate the Anglican church’s views on sexuality -- "It is easy to overlook how ominous this shift really is. The conviction that organisations and communities cannot determine their own distinct ethos, their own rules for membership and their own criteria for leadership imperils the very survival of a pluralistic society."
- An FAQ on Mysticism and the Christian Life -- "Christian mysticism seeks to describe an experienced, direct, nonabstract, unmediated, loving knowledge of God, a knowing or seeing so direct as to be called union with God."
- Anglicans penalize U.S. church over gay marriage to avoid schism -- "...the heads of the world's 38 Anglican provinces said the liberal U.S. Episcopal Church would be barred for three years from taking part in decision-making on doctrine or governance."
- Pretty Girls Make (Higher) Grades -- "Hello? It's reality calling. People are shallow, and life isn't fair."
- Race, History and Baptist Reconciliation -- "Late last year, the leaders [of the Southern Baptist Convention and the National Baptist Convention, U.S.A.] each invited 10 of their pastors to join in a public conversation on racial reconciliation in Jackson, Miss."
- The 50 Most Anticipated Books of 2016 -- "...we’ve limited the selection to fiction and nonfiction books..."
- What Arab Christians Think of Wheaton-Hawkins 'Same God' Debate -- "Whether considering donning the hijab in solidarity or debating if Muslims and Christians worship the same God, Arab Christians operate in a vastly different religious context."
- What Is a Christological Anthropology? -- "In its most basic form, the fundamental intuition of a christological anthropology is that beliefs about the human person (anthropology) must be warranted in some way by beliefs about Jesus (christological)."
- When Pastors Need to Remain Silent -- A list of "Ten Situations in Which the Silence of the Pastor is Golden"
- Why Not All -- "Donald Trump suggested banning all Muslims from coming into our country..."
Sunday, February 14, 2016
A truly liberal society, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.