- Bernie Sanders answers the God question -- "Only three presidents, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln and Andrew Johnson, have been unaffiliated with a specific religious tradition."
- Dallas dad not guilty for taking tween daughter's phone -- "A Dallas County jury found a father not guilty Tuesday of theft for taking away his daughter’s cell phone as punishment.
- Hollywood’s problems portraying religion go way beyond Islam and Muslims -- "Hollywood tends to use religion in two ways: the first is to actually drive the plot of a show or movie."
- How to be a prolific writer -- "Every writer has their own rhythms, but perhaps there are some things you can learn from what has helped me."
- In the age of Amazon, used bookstores are making an unlikely comeback -- "While there are no industry statistics on used-book sales, many stores that survived the initial digital carnage say their sales are rising."
- Is God One or Three? -- "We might say God is inexplicable."
- Pornography: A Christian crisis or exaggerated issue? -- "...the number of Christians viewing pornography virtually mirrors the national average."
- Rev. Graham: Gay Marriage, Transgenders, 'Just the Beginning of a Moral Onslaught on This Nation' -- "When I asked Rev. Graham why he thought this was the most important election in his lifetime, he went in a direction I didn’t expect."
- Save Us from the Tyranny of ‘Settled’ Science -- "There is a second kind of science that uses methods very different from those of established science."
- The Porn Phenomenon Survey -- "This study is sure to stir up a conversation about porn in our society and within the Christian community – and we hope it leads to healthy, meaningful change."
- Wheaton College, Larycia Hawkins to ‘Part Ways’ -- "...the college and Hawkins jointly announced 'a confidential agreement under which [we] will part ways'."
- Why humans find it hard to do away with religion -- "Our brains are wired such that we cannot help but search for meaning in the randomness of life."
Thursday, February 11, 2016
Bernie Sanders, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.