- An End to Pretending: On Being Taught How to be a Sinner -- "Theologians often make doubtful Christians."
- Are Baptists Protestants? -- "If a church is yet at one with the world we cannot recognize it as a true church."
- Brands Are Behaving Like Organized Religions -- "Scholars have found that every organized religion offers three key benefits to its followers, a) a set of core beliefs and values, b) symbols, myths, and rituals, and c) relationships with members of a like-minded community."
- Brazen sexism is pushing women out of America’s atheism movement -- "Why would women join a movement led by sexists and populated by trolls?"
- Death, the Prosperity Gospel and Me -- "Put simply, the prosperity gospel is the belief that God grants health and wealth to those with the right kind of faith."
- Evangelicals Are Not the Boogeyman -- "There are so many misconceptions about 'evangelicals'..."
- Man Skipped Work For 6 Years And No One Noticed Until He Won An Award -- "For six years, a building supervisor in Spain quietly collected a $41,500 salary from his local government without showing up for work."
- Same-Sex Marriage Is Constitutionally Illegitimate, the Result of an Anti-Democratic Litigation Campaign -- "Both marriage and our constitutional system have been weakened by the illegitimate judicial legalization of same-sex marriage."
- The middle ground in the abortion argument -- "The most effective anti-abortion placard I ever saw...said simply: 'Abortion stops a beating heart.'"
- Victim of former missionary’s theft loses health, wealth, but keeps sense of humor -- "A trustee decision not to prosecute a missionary caught embezzling funds wound up costing an Alabama businesswoman..."
- What B. B. Warfield Got Wrong in His Doctrine of the Trinity -- "It is not, however, an accidental omission..."
- Withholding or Delaying the Baptism of Believers — Is it ever right? -- "I know of baptistic churches that hold the particular view that no one should be baptized until they are eighteen years old, without exception."
Saturday, February 27, 2016
Behaving brands, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.