- A (Film) Review of Patterns of Evidence: Exodus -- "On Monday evening I went to see the much anticipated documentary film, Patterns of Evidence: Exodus by filmmaker Tim Mahoney and Thinking Man Films."
- Book Review: 7 Truths that Changed the World: Discovering Christianity's Most Dangerous Ideas -- "7 Truths that Changed the World is a good book to get Christians and non-Christians thinking about the big questions of life and how one's worldview addresses those questions."
- Book Review: Cold-Case Christianity by J. Warner Wallace -- "Detective Jim Wallace was an atheist before he began putting Christianity to the same tests that he places witnesses and suspects to in his investigations of crimes...This book is highly recommended for anyone who is even remotely concerned with the reliability of the New Testament."
- Book Review of Derek Prime's A Good Old Age -- "Even though I do highly recommend this book for my senior friends, it is also an excellent read that would benefit the younger generation as well, as well as pastors who minister to the mature generation."
- Book Review: Patterns of Evidence: The Exodus -- "...there is plenty of evidence, in addition to the biblical record, supporting the historicity of the Exodus—so long as you look for it in the right time frame."
- Book Review: Some Pastors and Teachers, by Sinclair Ferguson -- "Many of the men Ferguson writes about in his book have left theological riches for us to mine through, and this work solidifies my belief that Ferguson is one of those heroes. I wholeheartedly recommend this book and pray it continues to glorify God."
- Book Review: Superheroes Can’t Save You -- "How often do polemics books hit the market? It’s not that often, especially from academia."
- Book Review: The Pastor as Public Theologian -- "The core issue is that “theology is too important to be left to the ‘professionals.’ Every human being is accountable before God for responding to the knowledge of God that is available”."
- Book Review: The Storm-Tossed Family, by Russell Moore -- "The range of what Moore covers is bold: upbringing, marriage, children, perseverance in marriage, divorce, growing old, and caring for those who are aging. He explores these topics with an exegete’s skill and a pastor’s heart."
- Idols of a Mother’s Heart Launch and Giveaway -- "It’s launch week for Idols of a Mother’s Heart! It officially releases on December 7 and I’m thrilled to share it with you!"
- New Books You Should Know (August 2018) -- "What the book [Rewriting Gender: You, Your Family, Transgenderism, and the Gospel] tries to do is to follow the overarching storyline of the Bible in an attempt to make it clear that transgenderism is a symptom of a far deeper problem that only Jesus can heal."
- Review: Educated, by Tara Westover -- "Tara had to fight hard—and I admire her so much for this—to reconcile her love for her family with her growing awareness that they lived on their own epistemological spirit-planet."
- Review of "Cherish" by Gary Thomas -- "This book is not only great information, and very inspiring, but it is also very practical in application and easy to put to practice straight away."
- The Road to Edmond Falsely Promoted as a Christian Film -- "...when they tore the page out of the Bible on how homosexuality is an abomination and rolled it up with weed and smoked it, I was rolling in my grave...and I’m not dead yet."
Thursday, December 27, 2018
Patterns of Evidence, and other reviews
The posting of book or film reviews does not constitute endorsement of the books or book reviews that are linked.