- BreakPoint: Saving Some, Killing Others -- "Prenatal Surgery Exposes Abortion for What It Really Is"
- Can People Learn to Read the English of the KJV? -- "Exactly how is a pastor, with all his other duties, supposed to 1) notice when people are misunderstanding KJV English and then 2) teach them to read it?"
- Can the Ussher Chronology Be Trusted? -- "Up until fairly recently, nearly all printings of the King James Bible included dates in the marginal notes which helped place Biblical events in their chronological context."
- Can we all have press passes into the REAL seat of power – the courts? -- "... to demand that the government take a definite action left up to the executive branch, not the judiciary, such as granting a visa or a press badge, is beyond any scope of judicial power."
- Church seeks to intervene in lawsuit over IRS tax exemption -- "A Baptist church in the nation’s capital is requesting a day in court before a federal court rules in a lawsuit by an atheist group that lost its tax-exempt status for failing to file a form not required for churches and other religious organizations."
- Court Bars Father from Teaching 6-Year-Old Son that He Is a Boy -- "A Texas court has barred a father from teaching his 6-year-old son that he is a boy or from dressing him like a boy – even though the child chooses to be a boy around the dad."
- Democrat Corruption is a Clear and Present Danger to America -- "The mystery is why so many Democrat candidates who are so obviously ethically challenged won in races that should not have even been close."
- Five Advantages of Church-Based Counseling -- "Many of the secular counseling paradigms advocate no contact with counseling clients outside of the counseling office. But being in the same church helps..."
- Flawed Media Coverage of Obama Hurts America Still -- "One of the more frustrating aspects of our current political debate is the extent to which differences from administration to administration are exaggerated and distorted."
- If, Then, But, Therefore: How Psalm 124 Instructs Us for Thanksgiving -- "Psalm 124 is a psalm of corporate thanksgiving, a psalm that instructs us how to thank God together. This psalm also instructs us as to one of the ways for how to thank God as well."
- Jewish Leaders Demand Bible Publishers Print “Anti-Semitism” Disclaimers In New Testament -- "Translations of the New Testament, the Qur’an and other Christian or Muslim literatures need marginal glosses, and introductions that emphasize continuity with Jewish heritage of both Christianity and Islam and warn readers about antisemitic passages in them."
- John Allen Chau and the Ethics of Christian Missions -- "Pulpit & Pen contributor Seth Dunn addresses those questions in an episode of his podcast, The Christian Commute."
- Mom Dresses Six-Year-Old Son As Girl, Threatens Dad With Losing His Son For Disagreeing -- "A Texas custody case splits a 6-year-old child’s gender identity in two."
- On the Road Looking for God’s True Church -- "All of the churches in this post are Baptist churches located in Monroe, Michigan — a city of 21,000 people. Polly and I have never seen this many Baptist churches in a Northern community this size, especially when you consider that this post does not list all of the Baptist churches in Monroe."
- Our Founders never thought the courts had the final say — and neither should we -- "Restoring this balance of power away from judicial supremacism as our Founders envisioned does not require a constitutional amendment the same way it would if we wanted to alter a presidential veto or congressional control over the purse."
- Roy Clark, country guitar virtuoso, 'Hee Haw' star, dies at 85 -- "Country Music Hall of Fame member and versatile entertainer Roy Clark died Thursday at his home in Tulsa, Oklahoma, after complications from pneumonia, his publicist said."
- The Common Core, (Hopefully) R.I.P. -- "Untold hours of effort and massive amounts of money were used to write, train teachers, and implement the Common Core agenda. Yet, it has failed."
- The Geneva English Bible: The Shocking Truth -- "The Geneva Bible was ‘killed’: but it is alive."
- Thoughts on Suicide -- "There is perhaps no more difficult and heart-wrenching situation than for someone to take their own life.
Thursday, December 06, 2018
Can People Learn to Read, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.