- Air Force failed 6 times to report Texas church gunman -- "The Department of Defense inspector general’s report details Devin Patrick Kelley’s decade-long history of violence, interest in guns and menacing of women."
- Am I Less Human If I’m Sexually Unfulfilled? -- "The most fully human and complete person who ever lived was Jesus Christ. He never married. He was never in a romantic relationship, and never had sex."
- Euthanasia Not About Ending Uncontrollable Pain -- "The euthanasia movement fear mongers its agenda as a means of preventing an agonizing death in pain that cannot be controlled. It’s all a false pitch. That’s not why it’s actually done."
- Florida School Drops Common Core – Soars To Number One -- "A school in Florida has soared to the number one position in the State’s top schools list, after it ditched the Common Core program in favor of traditional teaching methods, according to government statistics."
- Focus on Texas: High Contrast -- "Admire the stark realities captured by our readers’ cameras."
- Franklin Graham Shows Support For Christian Virginia Teacher Fired For Not Using Transgender Pronouns -- "Last week, a school board in Virginia unanimously voted to fire Peter Vlaming, the French teacher at West Point High School. He had worked at the school for nearly seven years."
- In salute to Bush, a nod to passing of ‘greatest generation’ -- "He governed with virtues that most closely resemble those of ... men who believed in causes larger than themselves."
- James Ussher, “The Annals of the World” -- "Ussher’s chronology represents a considerable feat of scholarship. It required the Bible to be firmly anchored in history, which needed a huge depth of learning in ancient history, including the rise of the Persians, Greeks and Romans."
- Lawsuit says church missed child abuse caught on security camera -- "A South Carolina megachurch is under scrutiny after the arrest of a church volunteer reportedly caught on security video molesting 14 preschoolers in the last three months."
- Rand Paul Calls Trump’s Nomination Of William Barr For Attorney General ‘Very Troubling’ -- "I’m disturbed that he’s been a big fan of taking people’s property ― civil asset forfeiture ― without a conviction."
- South Carolina church honors memory of enslaved members -- "A South Carolina congregation took an official step to honor the memory of past members of the church who were enslaved prior to 1865."
- The World: Born in 4004 BC? -- "James Ussher (1581-1656), the famous and respected Archbishop of Ireland in the seventeenth century, is today greatly ridiculed for declaring that the world was created in 4004 BC."
- This is Not a Day Care. It’s a University! -- "Everett Piper, who is the President of the school, wrote a letter to the students admonishing them that playing the victim, blaming others and not admitting mistakes is not a way to live a productive and meaningful life."
- W. C. Fields, advocate for a free Baptist press, dead at 96 -- "With innovations such as setting up a media-style press room at annual meetings of the SBC, he built a network of Baptist journalism professionals trusted by people in the pew and respected by the secular press."
Tuesday, December 18, 2018
Air Force failed, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.