- Articles of Faith and Duties of Membership -- "of the English Conference of the International Old Baptist Union"
- Synopsis of What We Believe, Teach and Practise -- "While in sympathy with all those who love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity, we scripturaJly maintain that the Church of Christ is composed of baptized believers who, as of old time, continue steadfastly in the Apostles' doctrine and fellowship..."
- Who are the Successors of the Apostolic Churches? A Question which directly concerns all Christians, answered by the Word of God. -- "There can be no real unity in Christendom until the leaders of the different societies are willing to forego their own ideas and opinions, and come back to New Testament Primitive Christianity from which all, more or less, sad to say, have gone astray."
- Instructions for Ministers and Workers of the English Conference of the Old Baptist Union -- "The first and most important principle of our government is--GOD'S GUIDANCE."
- The Scriptural Ordinance of The Laying on of Hands after Baptism for the Gift of the Holy Spirit. -- "The simple truth is, that all these ordinances, including the Laying on of Hands, were once derived trom the teaching and example of the first Christian churches founded by Christ and the Aposties, as set forth in the Scriptures..."
- Are Children Born Sinful? -- "Sin is not, therefore, something which is handed down as a heritage; but it is the personal act, or omission, of a capable and responsible person."
- Salvation and How to Obtain It -- "Notwithstanding the assertions of many earnest Christians Salvation is not completed by the assent of faith only, even in so far as it concerns this life, and the forgiveness of sins."
Friday, October 12, 2018
The Old Baptist Union links
On Wednesday and this morning I referenced the Old Baptist Union in Great Britain, which was founded in 1880. I found a number of writings, particularly by Thomas Henry Squire, have been made available online. For those who are interested in researching this seemingly unknown sub-group of Baptists, here are some of those links: