- A Petition, Memorial and Remonstrance to the Legislature of North Carolina and one to the Congress of the United States against the incorporation of Religious Societies, and against creating Chaplains in the Army and Navy and in Congress -- "They remonstrate against the passage of any laws in this State favoring religious societies or churches of any cast or denomination; since the kingdom of Christ is not of this world."
- Confessions of a Calvinist Fundamentalist -- "I spent the first half of my 18-year-long ministry denouncing fundamentalism altogether. I’ve spent the last half of that ministry – after watching evangelicism chase after every fad and gimmick like teenage girls chasing after Justin Beiber – wishing fundamentalism would let me back in."
- George Gorton and William Gadsby -- "A few years later he began to preach but, obviously, he always had a longing desire to see this William Gadsby, so he walked all the way to Manchester – about two hundred miles!"
- Grotius and the Governmental Theory of the Atonement -- "Grotius argues that although God can remit the penalty of sin without satisfaction, as far as his own inner nature is concerned, he cannot do so in view of the welfare of the created order."
- Huge Development: Feinstein Moves To Seal FBI Investigation as Case Collapses -- "All indications thus far from that investigation suggest that nothing new will be found to stop Kavanaugh from being confirmed..."
- Interview with Rachel Mitchell (Part 1) -- "Rachel Mitchell is the Sex Crimes Bureau Chief of the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office in Phoenix, Arizona. She has extensive knowledge of the field of child sexual abuse in general as well as its impact on religious organizations."
- Interview with Rachel Mitchell (Part 2) -- "It is not just the child that is manipulated; it is everybody around. And so what you’re seeing in a sex offender is a façade, and you don’t realize that."
- Intolerance of Protestants, When in Power -- "Let any religious sect among us receive the patronage of the government, then woe to the dissenters from their doctrines."
- Marvels of Horsepower -- "Blanco’s Buggy Barn Museum takes a turn into the 19th century."
- Minutes of the Bogue Chitto Baptist Association, 1881 -- "Bro. [S.O.] Magee was born in Pike county, Miss., in November, 1816. He professed to have obtained a hope in Christ as his Savior, during a sermon preached at Silver Creek Baptist Church, by that 'Good man of God,' Elder Jesse Crawford."
- Not Rendering Evil For Evil -- "The text forbids us from rendering evil unto evil to any man. Are we bearing witness to the Lord by our conduct that we live in this life?"
- The Conservative Philosophy of Culture and Worship -- "From the perspective of the history of Western thought, Christian conservatism might be considered a subset of classical conservatism or “Realist Conservatism”."
- The Progressive Philosophy of Culture and Worship -- "Such a philosophy suggests that, instead of beginning with some notion of universals we wish to conserve in determining our posture toward culture, especially in our worship, the church’s foundational missional impulse requires prioritizing contextualization in the contemporary culture."
- The Secret to Salsa -- "Whether spooned onto breakfast tacos, devoured with chips or served with grilled red snapper, salsa’s addictive heat elevates everything on the plate."
Thursday, October 04, 2018
A Petition, Memorial and Remonstrance, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.