- 3 Reasons You Should Preach through Ecclesiastes -- "Ecclesiastes surprises people. That’s partly because it says things you don’t expect to hear from the Bible."
- 5 Ways to Make Progress When All You See Is a Mess -- "Do you ever begin a new week with a pile on your desk?"
- 8 Reasons Your Excuses for Not Practicing Church Discipline Don’t Work -- "It’s arrogant to let professing Christians get away with acting worse than non-Christians and re-naming that Christianity. That’s not a humble submission to Scripture. That’s over-writing Scripture"
- 15 Item Grab-N-Go Cemetery Bag -- "You’ll find out how you can take cemetery photos as a part of your everyday life by being prepared."
- Abner Wentworth Clopton -- "The Reverend Abner Wentworth Clopton, who was born at Pittsylvania County, Virginia, gave up a lucrative teaching position and became a preacher. In 1823, making just $400 per year, he would give away one-fourth of his salary to help others."
- Does Your Church Offer Weak Community? -- "...the problems you may face with waning or stagnating membership is because your Christian community doesn’t give you much if you join, and doesn’t cost you much if you leave."
- Intercessory Prayer -- "This prayer was more than his usual prayer."
- Is Cultural Marxism America's New Mainline Ideology? -- "Politics, the media, and the judiciary never pause at waging the new endless wars: the war on drugs or against high blood pressure or the campaigns that assert the endless struggle against fat and obesity."
- John Smyth: Not the Founder of Baptists -- "Wikipedia is wrong...in 1691, Hercules Collins directly refuted the claim that the English Baptists had received their baptism from John Smyth."
- “Let Them Not Share in the Affairs of Life”: How Ancient Christians Were Viewed as Dangerous to Society -- "Celsus thought Christians were bad citizens. Job number one for any Roman citizen was to participate in the public, corporate worship of the Roman gods."
- Providence is remarkable -- "If phony miracles and false prophecies or fabricated signs and wonders somehow make you feel more confident that God is imminent and personally involved in your life, then you are hanging your confidence on a false premise and you need to delve into the study of divine providence."
- Ronald Reagan's Letter to Loyal Davis -- "Handwritten letter from Ronald Reagan to his father-in-law Loyal Davis, in Davis's dying days"
- The Four Conditions for Scriptural Baptism -- "Baptism! The history of Baptists reveal that down through the centuries they were the hated people of their day."
- The 110th anniversary of the death of Spurgeon -- "(From 2002) There are 7 characteristics that qualify Spurgeon as a helpful guide to preachers who need strength to preach through adversity."
- There was a split in the Baptist Church of Alabama in the early days – this is why -- "The first church of the Baptist faith and order in the State was founded, October 2, 1808, on Flint River, a few miles northeast of the city of Huntsville, and was given the name of the stream on which it was located."
- What’s pulped natural coffee? -- "Coffee processing involves the removal of the coffees fruit or “pulp” from the seed or “bean” and sun drying on patios or mechanical dryers while protected by a thick parchment..."
Friday, October 19, 2018
Ronald Reagan's letter, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.