- Atlanta agrees to pay to $1.2 million to former fire chief Kelvin Cochran -- "The government can’t force its employees to get its permission before they engage in free speech."
- A Brief History of the Baptists of Louisa County, Virginia to 1865 -- "The first Baptists coming into Louisa County were the sturdy 'Separate' Baptists."
- Elders Are to Be Hospitable, Not Just Their Wives -- "Typically, a man will immediately highlight his wife’s labors and gift in hospitality."
- John Smyth not the Founder -- "In his work on baptism published in 1691, Hercules Collins directly refuted the claim that the English Baptists had received their baptism from John Smyth."
- Major Women's Groups Silent On Hillary Clinton's 'Abuse Of Power' Comments -- "...the affair between her husband, former President Bill Clinton, and then-White House intern Monica Lewinsky was not an abuse of power...five major women’s advocacy groups ― National Organization for Women, Time’s Up, Planned Parenthood, Ultraviolet and Feminist Majority ― have been noticeably silent on Clinton’s controversial remarks."
- Preying at a House of Worship -- "When killer bees take over a historic church, all hell breaks loose."
- Russian Orthodox Church severs links with Constantinople -- "In a major religious split, the Russian Orthodox Church has cut ties with the body seen as the spiritual authority of the world’s Orthodox Christians."
- The God of Creation -- "This is our God who created all, The wondrous Master hand..."
- The Importance of a Single Word -- "3 Tips for Doing Word Studies"
- The Masculinist #15: The Structural Weakness of Christian Communities -- "What value does being a member of your community provide above and beyond a) that provided by other groups and society at large and b) that is not available on similar terms to non-members?"
- The Other Sexual Abuse Culture That No One Dares to Mention -- "This hypersensitivity to abuse is mirrored by a hyper-insensitivity of another sexual harassment culture. Talk of this other culture is notably absent in the debate."
- The Problem with Evangelistic Programs -- "By “program,” I mean the occasional big event with a well-known speaker or exciting topic. At some point during the event, there is a presentation of the gospel."
- Tim Keller is a Marxist: A Response to Carl Trueman -- "From top to bottom, the People have been able to discern what we’ve told them all along; Keller is a Marxist and not a subtle one at that."
Saturday, October 27, 2018
Atlanta agrees, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.