- Atheists Are Sometimes More Religious Than Christians -- "As it turns out, “American ‘nones’ are as religious as—or even more religious than—Christians in several European countries, including France, Germany, and the U.K.”"
- Hide Your Crosses and Bibles – How Equality leads to the removal of public Christianity -- "The Humanists are either delicate snowflakes who are triggered by any Christian symbols or just petty and vindictive people who will use anything to attack Christianity"
- Hit piece or masterpiece? Digesting that Washington Post story on rural Baptists who voted for Trump -- "A lot of people — particularly those who still can't believe that Hillary Clinton lost and that 81 percent of evangelicals voted for someone with Trump's moral character — loved the long, long piece."
- Judgment days -- "...I feel like the Lord heard our prayers and gave us a second chance before the end times..."
- Keep Silent….or Speak Out? -- "...Vicky is, in the name of Christ, pushing an ideology and agenda that attacks the teaching and church of Christ – not just bringing us a personal memoir about struggles with homosexuality."
- My close encounters with Southern Baptist hell -- "If the Southern Baptist hell was real, evangelism must be the first and only mission of the church."
- On Living the Liberal Life -- "The disciplines of the Trivium—grammar, rhetoric, and logic—are not “subjects” in the traditional sense of the term, but intellectual skills that constitute the tools of thought."
- Revoice Turns Away Pulpit & Pen, Refuses to Speak to the Press -- "The executive committee has asked that none of our volunteers speak to you or any member of the press."
- The Moral Status of Desire Is the Issue -- "What am I going to say to the married man who comes to me and says that he has a sexual desire for a woman at his office, a desire that she reciprocates? Am I going to tell him that he should repent of that desire? Or am I going to tell him that the desire is not itself sinful, although he shouldn’t act on it?"
- The Old Testament Story of Judas Iscariot -- "...the psalms quoted above that apply to Judas seem to follow the pattern of how psalms can apply to Jesus—the original meaning of the psalms meant what it did in its original context, and they now have a greater significance as some of them may be applied to events that involve our Lord."
- Undivided – An Open Letter to Vicky Beeching -- "Vicky Beeching is a relatively well-known Christian singer songwriter who is now better known for being gay and an advocate of the LGBT agenda within the church."
Monday, July 30, 2018
Atheists Are Sometimes More Religious, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.