- 10 Things I Would Do More Often If I Were Pastoring Again -- "5. Wash feet. I don’t see this act as an ordinance of the church, but I do see it as an act of public service and humility. Sometimes, a leader simply needs to show his love by serving others."
- A Great Pro-Protestant Argument against Sacred Tradition from Ross Douthat -- "Everybody’s a fundamentalist. Everybody has an intellectual baseline, a bedrock of axioms lying directly on top of the hot magma of their loves."
- An Overview of Acts -- "Acts 1:8 is key to understanding and outlining Acts."
- And the Dishonorable Mention Goes to... -- "But not so with Judas. Though he and the other apostles cast out demons and preached the kingdom of God, he is never recorded in a positive light when his name is explicitly mentioned in Scripture."
- Bombshell: FEC Records Indicate Hillary Campaign Illegally Laundered $84 Million -- "The mainstream media took no notice of a federal court filing that exposes a $84 million money-laundering conspiracy Democrats executed during the 2016 presidential election."
- Cold case solved after 32 years when murder suspect turns self in — despite no police leads -- "In July 2017, he went to police in Santa Barbara, California, intending to turn himself in but got cold feet about confessing to the cold case and left before officers could interview him."
- Inconsistent Translation in the King James Bible -- "Actually, there is no such principle of uniform translation. There is no accepted principle that states that clear understanding requires a particular word in one language to always be translated into a particular word in another language."
- Jimmy Carter Says Jesus Would Approve of Gay Marriage, Abortion -- "This isn’t, however, the first time that Carter has said such things. He made these claims in 2015 as well."
- Not My President? -- "In short, if the president is my president, then I ought to want him or her to succeed. Granted, success has to be measured against an accurate standard..."
- Peter Masters on False Teachers -- "Peter Masters might just be one of the most stalwart, scholarly and faithful confessional Baptists on the planet."
- Rev. Andrew Tribble, Pioneer -- "From the Register of Kentucky State Historical Society, May, 1926), pp. 187-190" (read free online)
- Southern Baptist officials knew of sexual abuse allegations 11 years before leader’s arrest -- "Anne Marie Miller speaks about her relationship with a youth pastor she now describes as a pedophile."
- Thank God for ... Government? -- "There is a fine line between the legitimate—even needed—criticism of a failed policy, and the caustic critique driven merely by egoism, partisan tribalism, or score-settling."
- The Democratic Party left me behind — and I'm not alone -- "I’m no Trump supporter, but I’ve been horrified and repulsed by the political and cultural left’s hatred, demonization and mistreatment of President Trump, his family, his administration officials and his voters, which is even worse (if that’s possible) than what the right did to President Obama."
- The eccentric nature of religious freedom and true dissent -- "True freedom, by default, brings eccentricity. At one point, Baptists themselves were viewed as an eccentric people."
- The Human Cost of Sweden’s Welfare State -- "A group of women berated my friend in a public park because her 2-year-old son wasn’t in day care."
- Why Americans prefer a Bible in their hands to one at their finger tips -- "Americans are online for everything nowadays, but evidence shows most prefer paper and ink to read the Good Book."
- Why We Should Mourn for the Copts, But Not Assume They’re Christians -- "Until the murder of 21 Egyptians in February of 2015, the International Mission Board (IMB) of the Southern Baptist Convention listed the Coptic Christians as an “unreached people group” in need of Evangelism. After that event, in Southern Baptist leaders were publicly mourning the death of our “brothers and sisters,” and after Pulpit & Pen linked those articles at the IMB accordingly, the organization scrubbed all references and deleted all articles relating to Coptic Christians and their status as spiritually lost. (Regardless of the religion of those twenty-one people, the world should be outraged.)"
- Why you might want to wrap your car key fob in foil -- "Cybersecurity experts say privately that anyone who knows anything about the ease of auto and personal data hacking practices safe fob storage."
Monday, July 16, 2018
10 Things I Would Do, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.