- A Taxonomy of At-Risk Pastors -- "Sometimes, the threat of collapse comes from external circumstances. Other times, it arises internally from our own weaknesses."
- Confession ≠ Repentance -- "...we don’t understand that confession and repentance aren’t the same thing. In our genuine desperation to be done with the shame and the shackles of our sin, we confess. But then, sometimes, we foolishly exhale and believe our work is done."
- Learning to Hate our Sin without Hating Ourselves -- "Augustine understood unchosen longing for anything outside of God’s will to be itself sinful, and his influence over subsequent Christian reflection on this point cannot be overestimated."
- The Golden Key by Ben M. Bogard -- "It has been used since the beginning of the life of the Missionary Baptist Seminary and was acknowledged by Dr. J. Louis Guthrie as being 'foolproof'."
- The Human Rights Campaign releases deceptive evangelical resource -- "To the innocent observer, the resource looks like an evangelical-friendly resource designed to show evangelicals how they can retain their evangelical bona fides while also adopting an affirming position on LGBT identities."
- The Life of Carl Henry -- "Perhaps the most significant theologian in the early “neo-evangelical” movement, Carl F. H. Henry was born to German immigrant parents just before the outbreak of World War I (1913)."
- What is “desire” in James 1:15? Sin or temptation? -- "James is clear that the desire that leads to the sinful deed is indeed fallen. The desire “lures” and “entices” the sinner away from faithfulness and to sin."
- What is presuppositional apologetics? -- "Presuppositional apologetics does not discount the use of evidence, but such evidences are not used in the traditional manner—that is, an appeal to the authority of the unbeliever’s autonomous reason."
- What Is “Presuppositional” Apologetics? -- "Presuppositions are simply beliefs that everyone has that affect how they think, view the world, interpret evidence, and read the Bible. Apologetics is a reasoned defense of beliefs."
- Worship and Ministry, God's Way -- 3 principles -- "Commands of specificity exclude that which is not commanded."
Friday, July 27, 2018
A Taxonomy of At-Risk Pastors, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.