- A Brief History of Reformed Baptists -- "Resurgent Calvinism began in the 1950s...Baptists were struggling like other denominations to find their way."
- A Creationist’s Defense of the King James Bible -- "...it may be appropriate to answer the frequent question as to why many creationists, including this writer [Henry Morris], still prefer to use the latter [KJV]."
- A mere complementarian reading of the most contested verse in the evangelical gender debate—1 Timothy 2:12 -- "As you can imagine, the egalitarian view fits very well with the spirit of the age while the complementarian view does not."
- After Baptism Gone Wrong, Court Weakens Church Protections -- "His abductors had discovered his conversion through First Presbyterian’s online weekly bulletin, which announced his baptism, according to his lawsuit."
- Bible Typography Manifesto -- "The manifesto format is tongue-in-cheek, but the upshot is serious. Give it a read..."
- Footwashing: Church Ordinance or Church Discipline? -- "We wash the brethren's feet as we preach the Word--that is, except those who draw their feet back under the pew and refuse to have them washed."
- James Crumpton: Defining the Independent Fundamental Baptist Movement -- "James Crumpton pastored the Westside Baptist Church in Natchez, Mississippi from 1947 to 1998. For over 50 years he was a staunch defender of the faith, a preacher extraordinaire, and a founder of the Maranatha Baptist Mission."
- Keurig to Take Control of Dr Pepper in $18.7 Billion Deal -- "JAB Holding Co.’s audacious effort to build a food-and-beverage empire, which already includes Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and Caribou Coffee, has taken a surprise turn into soft drinks."
- Moody Bible Spokane faculty starting new Christian college -- "In November, Moody announced it would be closing its Spokane campus by the end of the school year, citing financial reasons."
- The Conversion of Charles Finney -- "This was just the revelation that I needed. I felt myself justified by faith; and, so far as I could see, I was in a state in which I did not sin."
- The Legacy of Charles Finney -- "No single man is more responsible for the distortion of Christian truth in our age than Charles Grandison Finney. His "new measures" created a framework for modern decision theology and Evangelical Revivalism."
- What We Believe (Old Time Missionary Baptist) -- "We condemn the practice known as ‘The Roman Road’ and all other ‘easy believism’ practices. These practices substitute a historical belief for a belief from the heart."
- Why I No Longer Participate in Racial Reconciliation Services -- "Nothing that I am about state should be construed as my advocating for people of different ethnicity to worship separately."
- Women Hurting After Working For Planned Parenthood Turn Here For Help -- "An eight-year veteran of Planned Parenthood, Abby Johnson, founded 'And Then There Were None,' because she believed strongly in the need for women who have worked in abortion clinics to receive a tailored kind of help."
Thursday, February 08, 2018
A Creationist’s Defense, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.