- Atheism Doubles Among Generation Z -- "Enter Generation Z: Born between 1999 and 2015, they are the first truly “post-Christian” generation. More than any other generation before them, Gen Z does not assert a religious identity."
- Church Gives Transgender Pastor a “Renaming” Ceremony -- "Sorry for use of the word, “transgender,” in the title of the post...It’s just that “person who thinks they’re transgender” makes for a long title."
- Egyptian archaeologists discover 4,400-year-old tomb near Cairo -- "The tomb has very distinguished wall paintings in a very good conservation condition depicting Hetpet standing in different hunting and fishing scenes or... receiving offerings from her children."
- Giving and Receiving Godly Criticism: Sharpening Each Other With Your Words -- "The words “criticism” or “critique” don’t show up much in our English Bibles, but the concept certainly does. Terms such as rebuke, reproof, correction, admonishment, and instruction all capture the same idea."
- How to Add Ribbons to your Bible -- "Most mass produced Bibles these days come with one, low quality ribbon marker. I like to have at least three ribbon markers."
- Joy Behar mocks Pence’s faith, calls his relationship with Christ possible ‘mental illness’ -- "It’s one thing to talk to Jesus. It’s another thing when Jesus talks to you. That’s called mental illness if I’m not correct."
- Judge David Lampe rules for Tastries Bakery -- "The State cannot succeed on the facts presented as a matter of law. The right to freedom of speech under the First Amendment outweighs the State’s interest in ensuring a freely accessible marketplace."
- Looming Debate Over SSA -- "These days, it seems that almost every week social media uncovers another eruption along the Presbyterian Church in America's (PCA) volcanic fault line between social accommodation/compassion and biblical obedience."
- Voices: How I came to affirm inerrancy -- "...my affirmation of inerrancy came through the act of preaching, walking through the challenges of pastoral ministry and, yes, study and research."
- What’s Wrong With Search Committees? Part 1 of 2 on Finding a Pastor -- "...if churches were healthier, we’d never need to call together such a committee. The last guy would have helped the elders to make sure that this was taken care of before he left."
- What’s Right About Elders? Part 2 of 2 on Finding a Pastor -- "What shepherd waves good bye to his sheep, wishes them luck, and skips off to greener pastures?"
- World Watch List, 2018 -- "The 50 countries where it is most dangerous to follow Jesus."
- 5 Dead Baptist Theologians Every Pastor Should Read -- "I’m going to assume most readers will already know Bunyan and Spurgeon rank near the apex of essential reading for all pastors—Baptist or otherwise."
Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Atheism Doubles, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.