- Red Letter Bibles -- "Red letter editions seem to me to be an example of how misplaced piety can get in the way of what's really important -- in this case, a readable text."
- Red Letter Bibles Again -- "It is sometimes difficult to determine where Jesus’ words begin and end..."
- Red-Letter vs Black-Letter -- "I own and use both red-letter and black-letter editions of the Bible. I don’t really have a favorite between the two for several reasons."
- The Origins of the Red-Letter Bible -- "In the Red Letter Bible, more clearly than in any other edition of the Holy Scriptures, it becomes plain that from beginning to end, the central figure upon which all lines of law, history, poetry and prophecy converge is Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the world."
- The Story Behind: Red Letter Bible Editions -- "It is a surprisingly recent innovation, instigated by Louis Klopsch (1852-1910), an enterprising immigrant journalist."
- Usage Determines Meaning (Applause Please) -- "When my three-year-old son asks while we sit in a large crowd, “Why are the people clapping?” he’s essentially asking, “What is the meaning of this applause?”"
- What To Do When You Don't Understand What You're Reading -- "If you find important words that you do not know and cannot figure out from the context, then stop reading and look them up in the dictionary."
- When We Read, We Recognize Words as Pictures and Hear Them Spoken Aloud -- "Words are not encoded in the brain by their meaning but rather by simpler attributes such as sound and shape."
- Why I’m Not A Red Letter Christian -- " I mean it in a very literal sense: I don’t like red text in my Bible."
Monday, February 12, 2018
Seeing Red, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.