- An Early English General Baptist on Washing of the Saints' Feet -- "Peter’s words spoken in John 13 maketh much for total washing in baptism, and no wise against it."
- A Two-Minute Clip on Homosexuality Every Christian Should Watch -- "Sam Allberry—editor for TGC, speaker for RZIM, founding editor of Living Out, and author of Is God Anti-Gay?—addressing the Church of England General Synod in London this week."
- Communities Built on Faith -- "Longing to lead more religious lives—and wary of the wider culture—a growing number of traditional Christians are creating their own small communities."
- Ethics -- more important than theology? -- "As a Christian ethicist, I heartily affirm the importance of ethics. However, faithful Christian ethics presupposes a foundation of orthodox Christian doctrine. We cannot do ethics apart from theology."
- Floyd: Recruit churches to SBC's 'exciting work' -- ""...What if we begin to call forth churches aggressively and outwardly...There may be hundreds or even thousands of non-Southern Baptist churches in America."
- Independent church aligns with Missouri Baptists/SBC -- "His desire to lead High Street Baptist into cooperation with the Missouri and Southern Baptist conventions was built upon this early experience of partnership with Southern Baptist families on the mission field."
- In Religious Freedom Debate, 2 American Values Clash -- "We may not like the claim of conscience, but you know, we don't judge claims of conscience on whether we like the content of the claim."
- Job: a Testimony Against Easy Answers and Shallow Teaching -- "Prosperity preachers like Copeland propagate the very error that the Book of Job was written to correct–the belief that we can presume God’s favor or judgement based on material blessings alone."
- Kyrie Irving believes the earth is flat: 'They lie to us' -- ""The earth is flat," Irving said matter-of-factly."
- Pragmatism, Partnership, and Politics -- "Sometimes our pragmatic pursuit of political goals (even those rooted in spiritual convictions) can lead us to strange partnerships."
- Richard III's prayer book goes online...and is that a personal note? -- "Leicester Cathedral digitized Richard III's "Book of Hours" and published it on the church's website alongside an interactive interpretive text."
- The Meaning of Baptism, Part 2 -- "One of the first arguments for infant baptism that deserves attention is the historical precedent of infant baptism."
Thursday, March 02, 2017
Early English General Baptist, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.