- American College of Pediatricians: Gender Ideology Harms Children -- "Facts – not ideology – determine reality."
- Ben Sasse: U.S. deserves better than Trump or Clinton -- "If you are one of those rare souls who genuinely believe Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are honorable people — if they are the role models you want for your kids — then this letter is not for you."
- California Atty. Gen. Eyes Crackdown on Conservatives -- "Just ask the contributors to Proposition 8 who lost their jobs after those “confidential” names were leaked."
- Georgia pastor charged with stealing $250,000 from church -- "A grand jury indicted the Rev. Corey Megill Brown on 85 counts of wire fraud and 12 counts of mail fraud, according to charges filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court."
- Jesus and The Minimum Wage: Why a Baptist and an Atheist Agree on Economics -- "Dr. Walter Block, an economist and an atheist argued against minimum wage laws, while Christian theologian Dr. Boyd Blundell argued in favor of them."
- No, a Vote for a Third Party (or Abstaining from Voting) Is not the Same as a Vote for Hillary -- "The first and most obvious reason is that a vote for Hillary is a vote for Hillary whereas not voting for her is one less vote than she would receive if you did vote for her."
- Protest planned: Middleton School District officials, parents at odds over so-called “Jesus Lunches” -- "Once a week, a group of moms brings food and offers Bible lessons to students in Fireman's Park next to the school."
- Refuting John Calvin's Three Uses of the Law -- "His famous “three uses of the Law” stand on the foundation of a shaky rock that does not hold up when scrutinized under the lens of New Testament teaching."
- Some reflections on a church that has recently embraced egalitarianism -- "It [trajectory hermeneutic] is a hermeneutic that teaches readers to treat their own notions about justice and fairness as more advanced and developed than that of scripture."
- Supreme Court decides for N.J. police officer in free-speech case -- "When an employer demotes an employee out of a desire to prevent the employee from engaging in political activity that the First Amendment protects, the employee is entitled to challenge that unlawful action."
- The Big Bang Blows Atheism Sky High: Even Science May Eventually Catch Up to God’s Word -- "In my experience it is something common among atheists: an inexplicable, incongruent and visceral hatred for the very God they imagine does not exist."
- The GOP’s Catastrophic Choice -- "Presented with the strongest presidential field in 36 years – filled with accomplished conservatives — you have succeeded in nominating a man who...have chosen as the leader of your party a man who has financially supported Harry Reid and Hillary Clinton..."
- When Church Growth Is Bad -- "In the late 1800s, London pastor Charles Spurgeon...confronted his denomination over the fact that many of them had abandoned the Word of God for modern “church growth” techniques."
- When The Devil Got Saved: The Christian Conversion of Nathan Bedford Forrest -- "The final two years of his life seemed to bear out the truth of his confession. Nathan Bedford Forrest the fierce fighter, gambler, racist, and sinner...was a changed man.
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
Jesus & the Minimum Wage, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.