- A Book on Theology -- "I hope you have a good title."
- Can Your Theology Handle the Book of Lamentations? -- "Mr. or Mrs. card-carrying evangelical, are you quietly ashamed of some of God’s tirades of judgment in the Old Testament?"
- Dr. V. M. Holland's Histories of East Texas -- "In growing up in a rural East Texas community in the 1920’s early in life, you realize the importance of neighbors."
- Is the pope Catholic? -- "The unusual debate has grown so serious, in fact, that on Tuesday evening (April 19), the Jesuit-run Fordham University hosted a panel of Catholic experts titled: “Is the Pope Catholic?”"
- Neil deGrasse Tyson thinks there's a 'very high' chance the universe is just a simulation -- "And if that's the case, it is easy for me to imagine that everything in our lives is just the creation of some other entity for their entertainment."
- Pastor wants SBC to repudiate Confederate flag -- "Southern Baptist Convention resolutions are non-binding statements expressing the views of messengers present and voting at the annual meeting."
- Recessional -- "Lord God of Hosts, be with us yet, lest we forget."
- The Other Side of “Proof-Texting” -- "I have often heard students speak disdainfully of it primarily because of their narrow definition associating it with merely searching for texts that support your one’s doctrinal opinions, assumptions or predilections."
- The smug style in American liberalism -- "Finding comfort in the notion that their former allies were disdainful, hapless rubes, smug liberals created a culture animated by that contempt."
- When Nathan Bedford Forrest Defended the Black Man's Rights -- "...I would encourage an examination of the complete picture of Nathan Bedford Forrest, rather than just a snapshot of his earlier days."
- William T. Thompson did NOT design the Confederate Flag -- "There is a rumor going around right now that the designer of the second flag of the Confederacy was a man named William T. Thompson."
Friday, May 06, 2016
A Book on Theology, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.