- Singing in a choir could be ‘the new exercise’—here’s the surprising science behind why -- "These aren’t simply effects of singing. “People who sing in a group report far higher well-being than those who sing solo,” he notes."
- A Guide to The Meter of Hymns -- "If you ever went to a Christian camp, you probably know that you can sing "Amazing Grace" to a lot of different tunes."
- Jury: Katy Perry’s ‘Dark Horse’ copied Christian rap song -- "The case now goes to a penalty phase, where the jury will decide how much Perry and other defendants owe for copyright infringement."
- My Congregation Barely Sings; How Can I Help? -- "Just because a Christian artist has created something wonderful does not mean it is appropriate for the congregation. The melody may not be very melodic. It may be too high, too low, or wide of range."
- Shouting Song (1982) -- "A documentary by Jean Youngblood Albright on Sacred Harp singing, white and black, in Alabama."
- Why Is It Your Business How Other People Worship -- "...worship in the church is not some lifestyle decision to be made. It is not a place to mind ones own business."
- 9 Choices for a Healthy Music Ministry -- "...I would like to point out several choices that we’ve made, that I think contributes to the healthy constraint and expression of music in our congregation."
- 3 Ways Hymn Meters Provide Meaning -- "Meter is a force that allows for variation, which provides new context."
Tuesday, August 13, 2019
Singing in a choir, and other music links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.