- A. T. Robertson on Women Preaching -- "Baptists are the last people in the world to speak slightingly of the authority of the New Testament on anything or to resort to doubtful and equivocal arguments to defend practices in opposition to the plain meaning of Scripture."
- Amazon pulls books by authors who once identified as gay, lesbian -- "The works of Anne Paulk of the Restored Hope Network and pastoral counselor and author Joe Dallas are among the latest books to be pulled from the online retail giant."
- Computer Virus -- "Cybercriminals aren’t creating new viruses, instead they are focusing their efforts on more sophisticated and lucrative threats."
- Does the Bible Require Wealth Redistribution and Equalization? --"The forced redistribution of wealth demanded in the name of “social justice” is really injustice."
- I Move We Don’t Vote So Much! -- "I would argue that there are really only five things a congregation ought to vote on."
- If You’re Thinking about Leaving A Church... -- "Weigh your motives. Is your desire to leave because of sinful, personal conflict or disappointment? If it’s because of doctrinal reasons, are these doctrinal issues significant?"
- Physician: American Children ‘Immersed in a Culture of Disrespect’ -- "Then Kyle replied, ‘Shut up, mom. You don’t know what you’re talking about.’ ... Kyle is 10 years old."
- Preach to the Non-Christian, Christian, and Church Member -- "Yes, the preacher should be sensitive to the unchurched. But if we target the unchurched alone, the message may be lost or so diluted that God’s people become malnourished."
- Ten Thoughts about the “Billy Graham Rule” -- "I personally believe that the rule is wise and ought to be pursued with rigor by Christians who are serious about holiness and witness."
- That’s My King -- "Sermon by S. M. Lockridge"
- Southern Baptist author removes foreword by Joshua Harris from his book -- "A Southern Baptist pastor and former seminary professor asked a Christian publisher to remove a foreword written by Joshua Harris from future printings of a book...after the well-known advocate of the evangelical purity culture announced he has fallen away from the Christian faith."
- The LGBTQ agenda in kids’ programming is deliberate -- "According to the AP report, GLAAD – a prominent LGBTQ advocacy group – has been working “behind the scenes” to get LGBTQ writers and producers into “positions of influence” in the children’s TV community."
- Why Do We Have Mass Killers? -- "...people love to take these horrible events as validating the political narrative they prefer, but these narratives can keep us from understanding what really happened."
- Woman files $1 million lawsuit against Flower Mound megachurch, alleging neglect in sexual assault case -- "...a woman has accused a Dallas-Fort Worth megachurch of not doing enough to pursue justice when she was molested as a child by a former church pastor."
Friday, August 16, 2019
A. T. Robertson, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.