- Are elites setting the stage for a global crackdown on Biblical Christianity? -- "There have been no candlelight vigils and around-the-clock reporting on this massacre by the cable-news networks."
- Can Christians Marry Non-Christians?: A Biblical Theology -- "...the temptation to get romantically involved with a non-Christian tends to be framed differently. People tend not to hide it, but instead attempt to justify it..."
- Dublin Dr Pepper or Bust: A Look at the Iconic Texas Factory -- "Today the bottling plant still manufactures and sells seven different soda flavors made with real cane sugar."
- Dublin 1891 Red Cola -- "Dublin 1891 Red Cola is something I can easily recommend. If you’re Texan it’s worth drinking to support a great Texas soda company."
- Mueller’s done, and Dems should be too — because Trump is no Nixon -- "In partisan unison, with scripted talking points, they keep calling everyone else “partisan.” It simply does not pass the laugh test at this point."
- Pear salad: Where did the South’s comfort dish come from? -- "The sweet pear half – which was always canned, never fresh – mingled with the tangy mayo and mild, creamy cheddar to create an oddly yummy and comforting mixture."
- Preachers, Don’t Just Explain What the Text Means—Tell Us How You Got There -- "The problem was simple: mom never made our meals with forethought of passing the recipe on to us or anyone else. She just did it. The danger, however, was that if the next generation didn’t learn it, our family would lose it."
- Sovereign Grace Churches says no to outside investigation of abuse allegations -- "To demand an independent investigation of an entire denomination based upon unsubstantiated allegations — especially against only two churches, neither of which is any longer a part of the denomination — is unwarranted and unjust."
- Sri Lanka bombings: Death toll jumps to 290 in Easter Sunday explosions -- "A series of nine bombings in Sri Lanka targeted Christian churches and hotels in three cities. The death toll has risen to at least 290 people and wounded more than 500 others on Easter Sunday, according to officials."
- Sri Lankan Tragedy – Prejudice, Politicians and the Press -- "What if we react to different tragedies differently because of the way they are reported?"
- Understanding Cemetery Crosses -- "Understanding cemetery crosses can help us understand the faith of our ancestors. It can sometimes even help us discover their heritage and country of origin."
- Washington state senator faces backlash after saying nurses ‘probably play cards’ most of the day -- "Walsh told The Olympian on Saturday she regrets her comments, which were not intended to be malicious."
- What is the Difference Between BillionGraves and Find A Grave? Part I: For Researchers -- "Find A Grave’s stated objective is to create memorials. It was not started as a genealogical site, so it makes sense that how they acquire data does not put emphasis on following the Genealogical Proof Standard."
- 15 Towns In Texas That Have The Most Bizarre, Hilarious Names You’ll Ever See -- "One resident said ‘Let the post office be nameless and be damned!’ They took that very literally, and Nameless was born."
Saturday, April 27, 2019
Can Christians Marry Non-Christians, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.