- Bob Dylan: Is He or Isn’t He? -- "Marshall shows clearly that Dylan, like many artists before and since, remains haunted by God’s Word."
- Book Review – A Martyr’s Grace -- "This book contains wonderful accounts of the lives of martyrs. They are, up until their last moments, rather ordinary."
- Book Review: Dark Clouds, Deep Mercy -- "I greatly recommend this book to all Christians as the language of lament is woefully absent in our vocabulary."
- Book Review: Exposing the transgender agenda -- "All in all, both books are eye opening and very readable. Heyer’s righteous anger is palpable. And not the least proof of the rightness of his position is the almost complete silence on the subject, at least as available from Amazon, in available books."
- Book Review: How to Lead When You’re Not in Charge by Clay Scroggins -- "While it is certain that Scroggins’ book will get wide readership...I think the book fits best outside of local church leadership structures."
- Book Review: The Preacher’s Catechism, by Lewis Allen -- "Preacher, if you don’t think you need to read this book, then, well . . . you need to read this book."
- Book Review: The Ten Commandments, by Kevin DeYoung -- "If we want to love Christ as he deserves and as he desires, we will keep his commandments (John 14:15). And that means as we keep in step with the Spirit, we would do well to remember the Ten Commandments."
- Jemar Tisby – The Color of Compromise -- "...the real power of this book becomes evident as the author illustrates how the church failed to differentiate from secular culture."
- Seven Leaders: Preachers and Pastors by Iain H. Murray -- "The author wrote this book out of the conviction that lessons of abiding importance may be learned from godly and able preachers and pastors across the ages."
- The Beauty of Intolerance by Josh McDowell and Sean McDowell -- "The McDowells believe it is possible to truly love and accept people with whom we significantly disagree. The information and strategies presented in this book are very helpful to that end."
- Untangling Emotions by J. Alasdair Groves, Winston T. Smith -- "Exploring how God designed emotions for our good, this book shows us how to properly engage with our emotions—even the more difficult ones like fear, anger, shame, guilt, and sorrow..."
Tuesday, April 02, 2019
Bob Dylan, and other reviews
The posting of book or film reviews does not constitute endorsement of the books or book reviews that are linked.