- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Slapped With New FEC Complaint -- "The crux of the complaint accused Ocasio-Cortez and her campaign manager, Saikat Chakrabarti, of overseeing a “shadowy web” of political action committees (PACs) that allowed them to raise more cash than they could have legally."
- Backyard Buffet -- "Selective gardening nourishes next generation of butterflies."
- Brit Hume says collusion story is the ‘worst journalistic debacle’ of his lifetime -- "They must learn that their actions have consequences."
- Forgotten Tradition: Picnicking in a Graveyard, Decoration Day -- "We did not run from death as so many these days seem to do, nor did we attempt to amuse ourselves with devices that removed the thought of our own demise to the back-burner of our consciousness."
- London’s “Magnificent Seven” Cemeteries -- "The “Magnificent Seven” is the nickname for seven huge cemeteries that surround the heart of London. Each is a unique masterpiece of park-like greenspace."
- Organise your thoughts with ease -- "reMarkable - the only digital device that feels like paper. A tool for note-taking, reading and reviewing documents."
- Texas’ Unlucky Sculptor -- "Pompeo Coppini may be the unluckiest sculptor in the history of Texas...Coppini was unlucky even when he was lucky."
- The Electoral College is Genius -- "It is one of the Constitution’s accidentally great procedural features for deterring the concentration of political power."
- The Lord’s Supper in Light of First Corinthians -- "This apostolic instruction cannot be fully observed if churches administer the Supper to those who are not members of their body."
- Too Good To Be True -- "The proliferation of electric scooters in crowded cities has exploded following the advent of the dockless electric scooter in 2017."
- What you should preach if Donald Trump comes to your church -- "We need to have a regular sermon ready for each Sunday. But for our own spiritual health we also need an if-Donald-Trump-happens-to-show-up sermon."
- Why Transgender Equality is the Death of Women’s Sports -- "A world that is growing increasingly disordered is unhappy with any form of restraint...The quest for equality is now steamrolling over people’s connection to reality."
- 4 Reasons Every Church Needs Senior Saints -- "Sometimes, senior saints question their usefulness in the church as they age. That’s unfortunate because they’re an essential part of the body of Christ."
Friday, April 05, 2019
Backyard Buffet, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.